𝟐𝟕 | 𝐘𝐨𝐮

After the show was over, we decided to mingle with the guests. We spent most of the evening catching up on the last twenty-five years. A lot had happened. Unfortunately for Reggie, he had to learn about Han Solo the hard way.

"We found out like two weeks ago, okay?" Luke explained to the guests after Reggie had taken off. "We just didn't have the heart to tell him."

"Don't even think about mentioning Jar Jar," I added.

As I looked behind me to see where Reggie went, I noticed Alex and Willie were hitting it off at the table.

"Hey," I nudged Luke. "Do you think Alex knows he's drooling?"

"What?" Luke turned around. "Wait - "

"Don't tell me you didn't notice," I laughed.

"Well ... "

"Luke!" I exclaimed quietly. "He's your best friend!"

"Okay, maybe I've been a little too focused on getting back at Bobby," Luke admitted.

"You don't say," I teased.

Luke paused before he came to a realisation. "Oh, shoot! Ruth - "

It was as if he had just heard everything I said before I left the garage earlier that day.

"Just forget it, Luke," I shrugged. "I get it. You have more important things going on."

Before he could say anything else, I made my way over to Alex and Willie, only to find that Willie had been replaced by a very distraught Reggie.

"You are not gonna believe this, but someone just told me they added a character named Jar Jar," Reggie huffed. "What's a Jar Jar?"

"I take it you're enjoying yourselves?" Caleb, thankfully, appeared behind us.

"Yeah, I mean," Luke shrugged. "You'd have to be insane to have a bad time here."

I wouldn't say I was having a bad time, but then again I was reminded of when I was having a bad time which was only a few hours before we arrived at the club when I unknowingly confessed my feelings for Luke in a fit of rage and disappeared into the woods for a few hours only to return with a very dramatic notebook. Wait ... where did I put said notebook?

"So now," Caleb said. "I understand there's something I can help you with."

"Yeah," I looked around. "Did you see a notebook lying around anywhere?"

"I can't say that I did," Caleb frowned. "Perhaps Willie can help you look for it. It might be in the lost and found."

"Thanks," I mumbled before walking off.

I didn't want to be rude or anything, but that notebook contained a lot of sensitive stuff. One might say it was my Touchy Subject Notebook. Besides, the guys could handle their own business - finished or unfinished.

I found myself in what I could only guess was the reception of the hotel. Thankfully, Willie was already there talking to some guests.

"Hey, Willie!" I called. "Sorry to interrupt, but I need your help with something."

"Just a moment, please," Willie smiled at the guests, but when he turned around he seemed thankful for the escape. "What's up?"

"Did you see a notebook anywhere?" I asked. "It's black and white with kind of a zebra pattern thing going on."

"Hmm," Willie pondered. "You mean like this one?"

My notebook appeared from behind him.

"Yes!" I took it from him. "Thank you so much!"