Chapter 11 - Laila

Laila

    Lissa was so not going to believe this. Hell, I couldn't believe it either. I, Laila Nicole Hayes, had actually gone to a party, had actually made friends, and had actually enjoyed myself. I was still having a hard time wrapping my mind around that one, too. 

   Although admittedly? I was anxious and worried about Justin, after he'd up and apologized to me for something that had happened years ago and then just left. I didn't know where he had gone, and although I didn't want to say it out loud, I was scared. There'd been this dazed, unsure look in his eyes that I'd never seen before, and it was sort of starting to freak me out. 

   As ridiculous as it sounded coming from me, I hoped he was okay.

  I was still holed up in the kitchen with Nick and the rest of the guys that he and Justin hung out with, and I was starting to become a bit desperate. Avery had left quite some time ago to go and try to calm Justin down, and she wasn't back yet. I didn't have the slightest idea what could be possibly going on, but I knew for sure that I didn't like it. This couldn't be good.

    "Justin's a big boy. He can look after himself," Nick said, sort of mockingly as he smirked at me.

   I glared at him. "Who says I'm thinking about Justin?"

 "I do," Jack said, raising a hand. "You've been watching the back doors for the past half hour."

   Oh, God. I really had it bad, didn't I?

  "Just chill out, Laila," Nick said, giving me a nudge. "I'm sure Avery and Justin are just fine."

  I downed the rest of what had to have been my seventh can of Coke and slid off the counter, straightening my blouse. I was a woman on a mission - I was going to find out what the hell was going on. 

  "Show me how to get out?" I asked Nick, trying to keep from blushing. 

 Nick smirked again, looking pleased. "Are you going to go find Justin?"

  "He's my ride home, man," I sighed heavily. "I want to make sure he can at least drive."

 Marshall, Jack, Alec, and Nick all exchanged looks. Good, I did have a point there after all. 

   "He's probably out back," Nick said, gesturing wildly with a hand. "Go and find him."

 "Go and find who, Nick?"

  I felt like I was going to drop through the floor at the sound of that voice. Even though I'd barely even been introduced to Maggie Petrolas, which had been hours before, I still didn't like her. From what I'd heard of her from Nick, Avery, and the guys, I definitely already knew that I was most certainly not going to like her at all.

  "Your boy toy," Nick said, smirking at his twin sister.

 Maggie's cheeks turned pink and she narrowed her eyes at Nick as she crossed her arms over her chest. 

  "He's not my boy toy, Nick," Maggie spat, looking thoroughly angered. 

 Nick's smirk widened. "Justin might disagree with that."

  Maggie rolled her honey colored eyes before demanding, "Where is he, anyways?"

  "We're not sure," Nick said, tossing an arm around my shoulders. "Laila here was just about to go and find out."