Chapter 17 - Laila

Laila

          I slammed the door shut to the Gryffindor room and slid to the floor, my hands hiding my face. I couldn't stop from giggling, and my heart definitely wouldn't stop pounding. This literally couldn't be happening. I seriously thought I was going to keel over.

Because you know why?

Justin Richards of all people had been about to kissme.

Now I seriously couldn't get over that.

There'd been no mistaking it that time. No, not when he brushed back a strand of my hair, and lowered his head until there was only a centimeter left before we would be kissing. I'd just been about to have my first kiss, and then with my amazing luck - our mothers had to go and interrupt.

Justin had been right. Crap, indeed.

But now what was I supposed to do? Just go back to avoiding Justin and hide out in my room? Or go off and find him in some secluded corner and demand that he owe up and kiss me?

I knew what I wanted to do, but that wasn't necessarily what was right... was it?

"Lissa will know what to do," I muttered to myself, before crawling over to the bed and grabbing my cell phone off the night stand flipping it open.

I punched in Lissa's number and leaned back against the wall, crossing my fingers and hoping that she would just pick up the phone.

"Hello!" Lissa answered cheerily on the third ring.

"Oh, my God, Lissa, I was just with Justin, and I swear he was - I can't - I mean, I swear he was - "

"Okay, okay. Laila? Just take a few deep breaths, and then start from the beginning," Lissa demanded, sounding suddenly very business like.

I breathed in deep, yogic like breaths for what had felt like five minutes before I explained everything that had just happened between Justin and me.

"Wait, wait, wait," Lissa said, abruptly cutting me off. "So, you're saying that Justin was about to kiss you?"

"Yes!" I exclaimed, heat rushing to my face just thinking about it.

"Well, what stopped him?" she practically shrieked in my ear.

I pulled a sour face at the memory. "Our mothers."

Lissa groaned in sympathy with me.

"And that was going to be your first kiss, too!"

"I'm well aware of this, Lissa!" I groaned, slapping a hand to my face.

"Bad luck!" Lissa sighed dramatically. "But wait - how are you sure he was going to kiss you?"

If Lissa had actually been in the same room as me, I would have given her an "are-you-stupid?" look.

"He said 'I might kiss you'."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"Well, crap."

"Exactly."

"It's today, it's today, it's today, it's today!"

My eyes flew open as the door to the Gryffindor room banged open and Emma bounced into the room throwing herself onto the bed, kneeing me in the stomach.

"Ooph!"

"It's today!" Emma squawked in my ear, tossing herself around on the bed, clutching her sides and laughing hysterically.