Versification 2023: Yaris052018

Hums of Kaput

Dark, a fetish fiend, howling in ebony,
Grunting the lust of lies as its symphony,
Hideously tormenting whiffs of glints,
Puzzling vein of life in a shady glimpse,
Gulping kaput phobias with luscious tongue in coy.

Light, a golden angel, an epitome of joy,
Ambrose of intellect and ethnic morals,
Scaring hawks and hyenas that wiggle,
Under inky nights heralds hope as stars,
Frost-frying kaput aches in its sea of swift sparks.

Hello Aesthetes!

Today we have with us the Grand Runner-Up of Versification 2023 yaris052018

🎈1. How did you feel when you were one of the Grand runner?

To be honest, I had happy tears and colorful butterflies altogether! I felt very honored and amazed to be a grand runner-up of Versification 2023. It was a great victory, a beautiful cherry to cherish in my poetry journey. I must thank everyone for this wonderful victory.

🎈2. What prompt was your favourite in Versification?

I loved every prompt of versification but the words: Kaput, Coffee, Infect and Eruption posed a great challenge to create a theme and i loved the thrill of writing them.

🎈3. Share with us your favourite poem/entry you wrote for versification.

I would like to highlight the journey of bringing the piece on word 'Kaput' to existence after too much of heavy but thrilled thoughts. It was a roller coaster ride in deed.

🎈4. What are three words that you'd describe your writing?

That's a tough question. But I guess the words: Fusion, Lyrical and Expressive would go well to describe my style. And the people who are reading it, correct me if I'm wrong.

🎈5. What is the inspiration behind your poetry/writing?

The inspiration was my mother's words. I still have the greenest memory of that moment. It was a fine monsoon evening when I was writing my diary. All of a sudden my door was ajar and I was scared as a 13-year-old. Sooner my mother found I was keeping a diary and wasn't comfortable with her having her eyes on it. She stepped back with a smile and said she was happy that I was experimenting with something new. Then she said can you capture the moments in a crisp yet beautiful way? And that's how I began writing poems.

🎈6. Do you have a favourite Poet or Poetress?

Yes, I do have a selective list. Here are the Tamil poets: Thiruvalluvar, Thirumoolar, Kambar. From the modern world: Rabindranath Tagore, William Shakespeare, John Keats, and Ruskin Bond. The Tamil poetess: Avvaiyaar, and from the modern era: Kamala Das and Sarojini Naidu.

If I can be allowed to mention some people from Wattpad it would be WinterlyHeights Ananyaspeaks LeahCailynn JulieDove4 Shivran86 Queen_of_life_Heba Divyansh16 and stopperbuns. Thank you people for making me think with your spectacular writing!

🎈7. What was your favourite part of Versification?

The celebrations of the winners from across the orange world. Even if the users were new to them everyone enthusiastically celebrated everyone's victory with no difference. It tells the summary of how a contest has been very successful. It's a pride of being in a place that offers equal opportunity!

🎈8. If you could meet one poet, dead or alive, who would it be?

I would like to meet Sarojini Naidu for her dynamic style of writing. She was beautiful, inspiring and convincing. Above all her word is an art the way it carries the depth!

🎈9. What style of poetry/writing do you write normally?

I love writing acrostic, ballads and odes. But there is a joy in exploring new things for the adventure it holds. As a poetry enthusiast, I would like to plan and experiment with various forms and styles of poetry. And when it comes to choosing a form, I would pick the one that would suit the theme.

🎈10.What is your favourite poem you've ever written and what inspired it or is the story behind it?

No way am I spotting one poem to say it is my favorite ever. Because every poem has a story and a memory engraved in them. When it comes to memories, everything is precious!

🎈11. Anything you'd like to add or say?

One huge phrase: 'Thank you!'

I would like to thank the team for bringing up a roller coaster ride with poetries. Thanks for always giving us a chance to explore how better we had evolved. I would like to thank my family, friends, supporters and readers for their lovely time and encouragement. And to everyone who attempted we are all the stars. Maybe today I shine but everyone has their day to own the sky. Trust me it's not so far. Keep writing and may the soul find the peace of being written.

Thank you Yaris! Do check out their winning entry Hums of yardbird and shower all the love.

Team,
WattpadPoetry