Versification 2023: JulieDove4

Mellow

-- A forkful of banana cream pie, sliding down one's throat;
-- A spoonful of custard pudding, or a vanilla ginger ale float;

-- Slippery macaroni with no cheese, plain as can be;
-- A cube of cantaloupe, on a warm summer's eve;

-- A sip of iced green tea, under the willow trees;
-- Canned peaches and cottage cheese,  and watermelon, please!

-- Fresh pear and kiwi slices to eat by hand;
-- And orange jello with whipped cream. Isn't life grand?

This is what the feeling of Mellow tastes like.

Hello Aesthetes!

Today we have with us, JulieDove4 with the winner and runner up titles for the of following days:

🔺Day 3 Mellow
🔺Day 10 Banish
🔺Day 21 Overwhelmed
🔺Day 23 Historical
🔺Day 24 Infect

🎈1. What was your favourite prompt in Versification?

All of them were great. Hard to choose a favorite. I guess the Overwhelmed, because it was the easiest to write about. Although a tranquil day from a villain's point of view was sort of fun.

🎈2. Share with us your favourite poem/entry you wrote for versification.

The Penalry Challenge and the Legendary Challenge,  though neither of them won. As for poem,  The Mellow Word Prompt.

🎈3. What are three words that you'd describe your writing?

Spontaneous, imaginative, kaleidoscopic

🎈4. What is the inspiration behind your poetry/writing?

Anything. Moods, words, feelings, objects, life experiences,  dreams, just whatever comes to mind.

🎈5. Do you have a favourite Poet or Poetress?

Not really. When I was a kid, I might have said Walter de la Mare, but there's so many great poets and writers out there. I mean, Wattpad is full of them!

🎈6. What was your favourite part of Versification?

The accomplishment of writing 60 pieces in one month! Reading others' works when I had time.

🎈7. If you could meet one poet, dead or alive, who would it be?

Oh, I really don't know... Dr. Seuss? Silverstein? Millay? I'll go back to Walter de la Mare.

🎈8. What style of poetry/writing do you write normally?

I don't know that I even have a style. I just write. But usually it rhymes. Not always.

🎈9. What is your favourite poem you've ever written and what inspired it or is the story behind it?

Probably one called Rima. It was inspired by the book Green Mansions, but I forget the author's name now... W. H. Auden maybe??? Been years ago... sometime in the 1990s maybe that I wrote it. About a girl who lived in the jungle.

🎈10. Anything you'd like to add or say?

If a person gets depressed or angry or irritated or just blah, writing is a good way to get it out. Keep paper and pen with you, or a phone notepad app, so you can jot down stuff when the mood hits. Doesn't have to be spectacular, Pulitzer prize winning stuff. Get a notebook or 3 ring binder with sheet protectors to keep your writings in... for yourself. Put them on Wattpad or whatever you want to do with them. But keep them, so in later years, you can say to yourself,  this is what I have accomplished.  I can do this. This is how I felt back then. This is what I experienced.  This is what I lived through. And you can do it again.

Thank you! JulieDove4 Do check out their winning entry My versification contest 2023 entries and shower them with lots of love.

Team,
WattpadPoetry