Versification 2023: ThirstyForWords

Burden of Blind Obedience.

A shadow creeps along the wall, a weight upon the soul does fall.
An obligation to a faith, that promises eternal grace.
But what of those who do not fit, within the dogma they commit?
Their minds are plagued by constant doubt, and fear of what they can't live without.

The religion of the insecure, demands obedience, pure and sure.
But blind allegiance brings no peace, just torment that will never cease.
So let us choose our path with care, and seek a faith that's just and fair.
One that does not demand our all, but guides us with a gentle call.

Hello Aesthetes!

Here we have with us today the grand winner of Versification 2023 ThirstyForWords.

🎈1. How did it feel to find out you were on of the Grand Winners of word prompt?

It was a fulfilling moment for me. Every time my notifications pop up, it gives me a different sense of excitement. Every mention from WattpadPoetry is a delight.

🎈2. What was your favourite prompt in Versification?

My favorite prompt was the word "kaput" because it was a challenging one, though I was not really confident with the entry I produced. I enjoyed brainstorming about that, and I got to know what it means. A new word was added to my vocabulary.

🎈3. Share with us your favourite poem/entry you wrote for versification.

My favorite one is the one I wrote for the word prompt "Obligation", because that is my genuine message to everyone who reads it. That they should not be Burdened by Their Blind Obedience. And I meant it.

🎈4. What are three words that you'd describe your writing?

Imaginative, Genuine, Song.

🎈5. What is the inspiration behind your poetry/writing?

Poetry itself. I am I love with how beautiful poetry can be, it touches soul.

🎈6. Do you have a favourite Poet or Poetress?

I love Percy Bysshe Shelly and Lang Leav. I learned about them in high school.

🎈7. What was your favourite part of Versification?

My favorite part was making friends with other equally talented authors.

🎈8. If you could meet one poet, dead or alive, who would it be?

I think it would be none other than the greatest English Writer in the world, William Shakespeare.

🎈9. What style of poetry/writing do you write normally?

I guess I do it at random. But I usually write lyric and ballad poems.

🎈10. What is your favourite poem you've ever written and what inspired it or is the story behind it?

My favorite poem I've ever written was the one I wrote in junior high school; it was about the love for one's language. We submitted it as a project, and I was one of the winners who got to be featured on our school paper. It was one of my proudest moments.

🎈11. Anything you'd like to add or say?

Write with your heart. Be thirsty for words.

Thank you T! Do check out their winning entry Words In Bloom and shower all the love.

Team,
WattpadPoetry