39: Capture the Flag. Pt1. Demigods

Nico's Pov:

About four days after i had been revived, we had gathered in the woods behind the manor to play capture the flag. We were going to do an example game first so that the mortals didn't get slaughtered. Literally and figuratively.

"Alright!" Reyna announces. She was the first team captain. The second one was Percy. "I shall choose Thalia." She announced. Thalia smirked and walked over to Reyna. The batfamily was sitting on a fallen log. There was a computer on Tim's lap so the bats could watch everything through live security cameras.

"Annabeth, of course." Percy said with a grin. Annabeth walked over to her boyfriend.

"Wise choice, Seaweed Brain." She smirked at him as she leaned against him. He chuckled.

"Nico!" Reyna called. I nodded and walked over to her, glad i wasn't being chosen last.

"Leo!" Percy shouts.

"Wazzup man?!" Shouts Leo as he walked over to Percy and Annabeth, grinning like a maniac.

"I'm going to regret that, aren't i?" Percy sighed, and Annabeth nodded.

"Frank." Reyna said commandingly. Frank nodded and walked over after hugging Hazel.

"Piper." Percy yells. Piper waves to Hazel, and Hazel walks over to us, being the last one. 

Will was the field medic and the referee.

"Alright! These are our teams! Team Rome (Reyna's team) is red! Team Greek (Percy's team) is blue." We split up to grab our helmets with either red or blue horse hair plumes, Greek or Roman battle armor (depending on parents, not team), and weapons. I had to use a Celestial Bronze Greek style sword because Styxgian iron is so dangerous.

Soon we had all regrouped and placed out 'flags'. Ours was one of Jason's massive bright red t-shirts. Their's was one of Dick's blue shorts.

I was put on offense, along with Hazel and Reyna. We were standing in the forest when Will blew the horn, signaling for the game to start. I had decided to only use my Hades related powers to make it as 'normal' as demigod capture the flag could be.

Suddenly, the sound of Will blowing the horn pierced the silent afternoon, and the three of us take off in different directions. I go left, and summon my wings, launching myself into the trees and landing on silently on the sturdy branch of a maple tree. I see Leo run by, his head on fire from excitement, not caring to look up into the trees. I summon the bow and arrow i got from Artemis and fired a blunt tipped arrow, and hit Leo right in the middle of the back of his head, knocking the son of Hephaestus out instantly. Leo slummed to the ground, his flaming head immediately extinguishing. I snicked at the sight. Wow. Nico di Angelo SNICKERED.

I looked around for a minute longer, hearing distant shouts from where some of the others were, then saw a flash of lightning. Percy must've pissed Thalia off again. Turning, i leaped from the tree, falling about ten feet before snapping my wings out in order to keep myself from breaking my legs, and landing silently. Using some shadows to cover my and posting skeletal guards, i grabbed Leo by his CHB shirt and he muttered something about chicken nugget smoke screens. What the actual Hades? 

I let out an exasperated sigh and fluttered about five feet off the ground then used an arrow to attach Leo by his shirt to the tree. Grinning at my work, i landed with a soft 'thump' then sent my guards back to the underworld and took to the trees again. I heard a shout that sounded like Reyna yelling at someone. I quickly shapeshifted into a raven. I cawed and glided through the forest. I saw Percy, Annabeth, and Frank fighting. Frank had managed to hold hid own for awhile but was quickly tiering. I quickly sent about twenty skeletons to his aid. they all looked around, confused at where i was, but being unable to find me, quickly turned their attention back to the fight. I soared onwards until i came across their flag. Only Piper was guarding it, standing in a defensive position about five feet away from it.

I landed silently in a tree, and shifted back to demigod form, and quickly knocked out Piper in the same manner i did with Leo, who had probably woken up, wondering how he had gotten pinned to a tree. Piper fell over with a slight 'thump' and i flew out of the tree and grabbed the flag. Then i shifted into a wolf, and grabbed Jason's shirt. Then i charged through the forest, running past a startled Percy, Annabeth, and Frank, and let the skeletons go back to their resting places, and kept running. Soon Percy and Annabeth had regained their wits and were charging after me. I then shifted into a peregrine falcon, fastest animal in the world, capable of reaching speeds up to 200mph. I took off, faster then they could comprehend, blazed past Reyna, Thalia, and Leo, over Hazel's head, then landed next to our flag and shifted back into demigod form. 

"That was awesome Death Breath!" Thalia shouted as she ran up to me, along with Reyna.

"Yeah! It was really amazing." Hazel said with a happy smile, giving me a quick hug. I groaned, but didn't resist. Soon everyone had came by and congratulated me. Then the mortals came over. They seemed amazed. Then Bruce walked over to me.

"Hey. In the next round since we don't have any powers, i thought we could invite some friends from the Justice League that have powers over. Is that okay?" Bruce asked me. The demigods had already found out he was Batman a long time ago. Aka when i was revived. 

Before i could answer Leo cut me off. "Heck yeah Batsy! That's awesome!" I groaned at his enthusiasm. He was ridiculous. 

Bruce told us they would be here in about thirty minutes. Soon, a van arrived with a bunch of hero's in it. Flash, Kid Flash, Superboy, AquaLad, Miss Martian, and Wonder Woman. Or Diana. Artemis's Roman form. We glare at each other as she steps out. I heard the other demigods all think 'welp, this is going to be disastrous'. And in truth, it was. 

Smol cliffhanger! I hope you enjoy! 

So i decided the order of events, depending on how i think they should fit together and on votes, is that Nico and Diana get in a fight, the next capture the flag game happens, Nico gets bullied at school, Nico (and possibly the other demigods) join YJ. (Would you guys like other demigods to join YJ? Feel free to tell me!), then Rachel delivers THE PROPHECY. DUN. DUN. DUNNNNN!

SORRY FOR NOT UPDATING IN FOUR DAYS, I'LL TRY TO UPDATE A BIT MOPRE OFTEN! Love you my Minions!❤️

—Anitoly!