• ~ Thirteen ~ •

Chapter 13: Home bound

It was time for the thing I was dreading the most. It was time for me to go home while Kit was still here in the UK.

"Hey," He said quietly as I put the rest of my stuff in my suitcase. His arms go around me from behind. "I'm not going anywhere, I promise."

I turned around with a smile.

"I know. It just going to be weird not seeing your face first thing in the morning."

Kit chuckled kissing the top of my head.

"Don't worry, I'll be blowing up your phone 24/7. I'm going to miss you too much not to. And call me whenever. I don't care what time it is here."

"Why do I always have to fall in love with British boys?"

"We just hit different."

I rolled my eyes with a smile as we loaded my stuff into the car.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

We got to the airport and Kit helped me grab my bags. He closed the trunk of the car, then I hugged him tight.

"I love you." I said quietly.

"I love you too, Lex."

I didn't realize it but I was crying.

"Are you crying?" He looked at me sincerely.

"I think so."

He wiped my tears away.

"Call me the moment you touch down at the airport."

"I will."

Kit pulled me close kissing me for a moment before pulling away.

I grabbed my stuff and waved as I walked into the airport. Who knew goodbyes were this hard. I wasn't sure when I was going to see him again. Yeah, we will probably FaceTime like everyday, but it's not the same.

I wiped my eyes as I went through security. I rubbed the K initial on my necklace between my fingers as I waited for my flight.

ItsAlexiaKelce: See you, England 🫡

@KitConnor: miss you already 💕
^ @ItsAlexiaKelce: You're going to make me cry again

@User: I love them together dude
^ @User: Louis and Alexia were better
^ @ User: Bro they were so toxic 💀 Have you not listened to Sue Me or Don't Call Me Up ???

@User: Alexia and Kit are my Roman Empire

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

I called Kit once I landed in New York like I promised.

"Hey, how way your flight?"

"Would have been better if I had a cute British redhead next to me. Instead, I had a woman and her screaming child next to me."

I heard Kit laugh.

"So not funny. I just wanted to sleep my entire flight, but that kid just wouldn't shut up."

I got to the stairs before the luggage claim and I saw my mother.

"Oh shit! There's my mom!"

"Well, don't let me hold you. I love you."

"I love you too, Kit. I'll call you later."

"You better."

We hung up and I walked down the stairs. I ran over to my mother and hugged her tight.

"How was it?"

"My trip or my flight?"

"Both."

"My flight sucked. I sat next to a screaming child the whole time, but my trip was great. This long distance thing is going to be hard.."

"It's going to be. It will get better though."

We got to the luggage claim and I grabbed my bag.

"Wait, where's Dad?"

"Practice. They told him they'd bench him if he didn't go."

"Right, can't miss that Chiefs vs Broncos game."

My mom chuckled as we got in the car. I was weird not having Kit directly next to me. This was already hard and we have only been apart for 10 hours.