Chapter 41

"We also need to get Aunt Tati to push through a law that will force the academies to start teaching defensive and offensive magic to the moroi. As well as conditioning, endurance, and stamina physically and magically. Hopefully, the classes will be able to teach the moroi to use their elements with longevity and strength. There are only four and a half to five months left for that to happen with this year's graduating class. But even after graduation they really need to continue to learn and train somewhere else. We could have classes at all of the court locations and the fortified communities as well as classes for adults, the newly graduated, along with the current students at each of the academies. For those who live nearby but not on campus as well as for the ones who actually live on the campuses. And hopefully, within the next three to four and a half years or so, anyone over the age of eighteen by then will be trained enough to help fight and defend our world and our people. And for those who are eligible to have guardians, then for them to remain eligible to continue to be guarded. Then they will have to participate in whatever 'classes' that they need to, meaning physical and magical training, for their specific specialty. And if they do not participate in the training then they will no longer be eligible for guardians until they do participate and graduate from the training classes with acceptable scores and participation levels." I put forth my own two cents worth.

"I agree with you son. It should be worded to where they have no other choice but to participate and graduate with at least a certain score before they are allowed to be given their guardians back. Leaving them no loopholes to wiggle themselves out of it. Because if they can they most certainly will try their absolute best to get out of it. Some may even take it as far as trying to take it to court to keep from it. And there will need to be judges that can't be blackmailed, bribed, or intimidated that will judge the final tests. Kind of like the test that novices take at the end of their final year of training." Abe agreed with me and so did Roza moya, Alberta and Pavel. (my)

"The largest portion of the older royals will argue that it is not their place to have to fight. That they are above fighting, that their magic is to be used solely for 'good'." Pavel reminded all of us, even going so far as to use air quotes, although none of us really needed to be reminded of that unfortunately.

"That's a bunch of bred sivoy kobyly, spewed by a bunch of ballless cowards who have no yeblya guts. Is not saving lives a 'good' thing?" My very frustrated and angry lyubov' fumed, also using air quotes. (bullshit, fucking, love)

But she is right, anyone with even half of a brain cell anywhere around their chert heads would know that saving lives is a 'good thing'. No matter what you had to do to do that, for example getting off of your sorry, lazy, pathetic, weak, wimpy, whiny zhopa and helping others protect those who cannot protect themselves. Not the ones who will not but those who cannot. Regardless of what the royals think there is an enormous difference in the two. (damn, ass)

"We will just have to show them that they are not too good to fight. That they will either help protect themselves and the people that they love. If they even love anyone other than their own sorry asses that is. Or we will leave them to fend for themselves without any training or guardians for them to hide their lazy, sorry, pathetic, weak asses behind. After that, we will see if the rest of them still think that they are so superior, above, and better than everyone else. We will see if they still think that they are too good to help in the fight to save the world or if they just want to line up to be killed or turned." Lyubov' moya insisted. I am sooo bloody proud of her and her dedication and determination to protect our people as a whole and not just the royals as she was taught and trained her whole life. (my love)

I watched as Roza moya fumed about the disgusting and deplorable attitudes of most of the royals. As I watched her shake her head in anger, frustration, and hatred I tried to take her mind off of the majority of the royals by speaking of one specifically. "I do not know how the spirit users can be helpful other than in the infirmaries detka." (my, baby)