6 out of ?

_______________°•

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐢𝐱

_______________°•

Song: Special
By: Don Toliver ft WizKid

~ indigo ~

15:00

i make it to shakira's birthday with a huge gift, which i asked sharky to pick up since i struggled big time. "what's in here?" she asks as he places it along with the other presents. "i don't know." i say. shakira pulls me into a hug, which i return.

"happy birthday." she thanks me before rushing off towards her friends. "you're her role model, by the way." i turn to sharky with an impressed look. "say you're lying." we move towards the living room where sharky's other siblings approach me.

"wallahi." i'm happy that i could be shakira's role model. it's a rare thing to hear coming from people. You least expect to love the things you do and appreciate them. "what did you get here? that box was mad heavy."

"got her some of her favourite things, some of my designs, snacks, and a teddy bear." sharky nods his head, i know he's impressed. "now i see why you're her role model." - "why?" i chuckle.

"you spoil her too much." i playfully hit his arm. "i just miss having a little sibling, you know. teo is all grown, i don't see him all the time anymore, so i can't spoil him like i used to."

sharky unconsciously wraps his arms around my waist as he leans against the kitchen counter. i feel my stomach swirling, giving a funny ticklish feeling. i play with the strings of his hoodie to avoid eye contact.

"you're such a good sister." i inhale his cologne, my cheeks turning a bit warm. "you're a good brother yourself." i turn to look at him, who is already looking down at me.

he doesn't lose eye contact, my eyes shift to his lips, which he bites a bit. i look back into his eyes. i feel the butterflies become more serious when his mother walks in, making us separate from each other.

"indigo, i haven't seen you in a while." she opens her arms to pull me into a hug. i hug her, looking at sharky, who just smiles, his dimple popping out. "it's nice to see you too." i shyly say. "you look beautiful. what are you using on your skin?"

"just some african black soap and exfoliating." she touches my skin, loving the shiny gleam of it. "i should use this recipe of yours." sharky gasps, "what for?" - "what? i want to look young, too."

we burst out laughing. "come on. let's go sing for shakira."

~ sharky ~

we walk into the living room where everyone else is. shakira is sat on a throne like chair, a well decorated cake in front of him, and some snacks around. they boys helped me decorate the place and order the cake since i knew indigo would be busy this week.

"one... two... three... go!" everyone starts singing for her, clapping hands for her. i take a few pictures of her and a few of indigo, which she doesn't notice me taking. kenny nudges me as i look at the boys throwing love signs.

i shake my head, standing up straight. the happy birthday song ends, mama helps shakira cut her cake. everyone cheers, and the music starts to play. once everyone has gotten cake, indigo and i sit in the living room as we eat some cake.

"mh, this is good." she hums softly with each bite she takes. i admire her pink ears and her little dance she makes while eating the cake. "what?" she asks with a mouth full of cake. i chuckle at her. "is there something on my face?"

i shake my head, "you just look cute." she immediately chokes as i pat her back, i give her some of my sprite while trying to calm her down. "no more cake for you." i take her plate away, "no!" she grabs onto strap of my pants.

i look down at her hand, brushing just the top part of my area. "indigo, don't move." i tell her. her eyes land on where her hand is before pulling away quickly while screaming. "ew, why did i do that?"

i shrug, "you tell me. are you tryna get some or what?" she hides her embarassment as i continue to laugh. "i'm just playing. here's your cake." she waves her hand towards me while her face is still hidden.

"i don't think i want it anymore." i laugh before sitting down and going onto my phone to check some messages. there's one person who has messaged me that i don't want to talk to.

2 new messages:
mae💦😽:
> how is the party going?
> are you ignoring me cz of wht i said yesterday? 15:25
seen

i ignore her message, switching my phone off. "who was that?" indigo asks. "just some hater."

~ indigo ~

<play song>

sharky pulls my hand in his, playing with it. "your hands are small. How am i realizing this now?" he starts comparing our hand sizes. my hand is far from reaching my fingertips.

"stop making fun of me." i pout at him. "fun of you? you think me admiring everything about you is making fun of you?" i shrug. i guess i have never had anyone compliment me the way sharky does. not even liel, my ex, could compliment me like he does.

it feels weird being complimented, especially if it's an everyday thing. whenever we are on a call, sharky compliments me. whenever we are together, he compliments me. i feel special in a way.

"what can i do to let you realize you're beautiful?" he continues to play with my hands, separating them from each other. "okay, when was the last time we went out?" i try to remember the last time we went out.

"it has been a long time." i giggle. "we should go out sometimes." i nod my head, agreeing with him. we sit in silence, enjoying our time while the kids run around and play.

21:30

i ruffle my hair with a towel while talking to sharky on video call. "i was just washing my hair for the salon tomorrow." i start detangling it using my hands, separating and making some twists. "what are you gonna do?" once i'm done, i cover my head with a bonnet.

"i'm thinking of cutting it." i apply some face cream, making sure i get every spot. i have kept my hair long for over a year, and it has been a real struggle, so it's time to get rid of that struggle. "how short are you gna cut it?"

"neck length or shorter. imma see when i get to the salon tomorrow." after i'm done with everything, i make sure close my curtains, switching off my lights. "what are you gonna do tomorrow?" i play with my necklace.

"uh, i'm thinking of going to the gym. i don't know about later. i might sleep or edit some videos." i hum to his words, yawning a bit. "i'm gonna be at tía kasy's, maybe you can join me and help write up some lyrics."

"hm, that sounds like a great idea, actually." i feel myself dozing off a little bit. "indigo?" i hum after he calls my name. "goodnight." i huff, shifting into a better position. "night, sharks."

_______________

1230 words