20 out of ?

______________°•

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲

______________°•

Song: Get it together
By: 702

~ indigo ~

12:30

we have been at the hospital since sharky had an appointment regarding his hand. we wait patiently in the room the nurse led us to, sharky sitting on the medical bed while i take a seat on the chair just next to him. "are you nervous?" i ask sharky whose mind seems to be far away. "nope, unless if there's anything to do with needles." i giggle, holding his free hand.

"you're such a big baby." i shake my head while laughing. "no, think about it, indie. those motherfuckers are huge!" he exclaims causing me to let out something more than laughter. i feel my eyes tear with happiness as he adds on joke after joke. "okay, okay. i'm done." i tap out on his hand, clutching onto my stomach.

"i see you two are having fun." jude, lynn's husband walks in with a smile. i had no idea that he was the one who was going to check up on sharky which makes life more easier for me. "hey, it's nice to meet you after a while." i say side hugging him.

sharky arches an eyebrow at my actions which i take note of. "jude, this is my best friend, sharmarke. sharks, this is lynn's husband, jude." they both shake hands. "i remember you." jude points out with a smile as he prepares himself.

"you were at the baby shower, right?" he nods, smiling. i sit and watch as jude takes sharky's bp rate, his breathing etcetera. "do you have any problem?" jude asks after he's done with the checkup. "everytime i wake up, my hand is in excruciating pain. i can't even take pills 'cause it takes time for the pain to ease."

jude examines his hand, mkaing sure to be easy with everything. "it could be that the cast is too tight or that you could be sleeping in the wrong position without knowing." sharks nods. i feel myself start to worry. could his hand be more infected now that he's more in pain or what?

"for now we can change the cast, make it less tighter and see how it goes. i will also prescribe you with some medication. after a week or 2 you can come over and let me know if there's a difference." a nurse walks in with some equipments, sharky's eyes widening at the sight of a needle.

"are - are you gonna use that?" he points to the needle. jude smiles, nodding. i start laughing but i notice the uneasiness on sharky's face. "uh, jude, is there like a different time we can do this?" i ask on the behalf of sharky. i know how scared it is so it's rather better for him to prepare himself with more time intended.

"yes but that will depend on my schedule." i nod. "you can just text me your schedule then i'll let you know. today isn't the day." jude understands where i am coming from before advising sharky to take the medications which needs to be taken at the front desk.

we all walk out of the medical room but jude stops to have a word with me. "yeah, what's up?" i push my curls out of my face to focus more on jude and what he has to say. "lynn tried calling you a couple of times. she says it's about the store." my stomach falls.

"did she say anything?" i hold my hands together hoping nothing bad has happened to it. i can't lose what i worked hard for, not yet. "she said to call once you were done here." i thank jude before rushing back to sharky.

"sharks can you take me to this address please. it's urgent." i show him the address as we rush out of the hospital. while we are in the car, i call lynn to hear what's going on.