29 out of ?

_______________•°

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐞

_______________•°

Song: eyes don't lie
By: Isabel LaRosa

~ third person ~

two month later...

maeve stared at indigo's post on instagram over and over again, but this time her blood boiling underneath the black button-up shirt she wore and her head spinning with evil thoughts. she couldn't believe what she was seeing. "how could sharky do something like this to me? engaging with that filthy little rat!" she thought, biting harshly at her nails.

she couldn't stop.

with each bite she took off of her nail, the more she scrolled through indigo's account, the more she became. she screamed at the top of her lungs and threw her phone across the room, causing it to crack open upon impact with a built-in nail. she couldn't catch her breath, her head was spinning andshe started seeing double.

downdtairs, aunt sarah, maeve's mother, was busy preparing some dinner when she heard her daughter's excruciating scream and something shatter. she immediately panicked, thinking her daughter was being kidnapped. she dropped everything and rushed upstairs, calling out maeve's name.

"maeve!"

she opened the door to her daughter's room and was shocked to see her in such state. maeve was hitting herself, the pain was already numb to her and her wrist was slit, blood flowing into the palm of her hand. aunt sarah was horrified, holding both of her hands to her lips in shock.

"no, baby!" she ran towards maeve, stopping her from continuing to harm herself. she quickly ripped off a part of her flannel shirt and wrapped itaround maeve's wrist before hugging her protectively, tears welling up in her eyes.

"it's okay." she reassured her.

< time pass >

"this bandage should stay on for at least 24 hours. apply this cream each time you change it." aunt sarah thanked the paramedics as she escorted them out of the house before attending to maeve, who sat on the couch staring blankly into space.

aunt sarah was worried, sitting next to her and gently brushing the back of her head. she knew maeve probably didn't want to talk about it right now, so she let the silence fall, her eyes gazing out at the night sky.

maeve's mind was consumed with thoughts of revenge. she was determined to get sharky back, no matter what it took. she remembered a few things from murder documentaries that could help her. she wanted sharky for herself,

even if it meant using force.

~ indigo ~

we clink our glasses together, filled with cranberry juice.

sharky and i sit on my balcony, two months after the promise ring proposal, two months after the birth of luke, and two months after my birthday. "i love this moment with you," sharky says with a smile as we sat under the stars.

he grasps my hand, kissing it before tucking it into his hoodie pocket with his own. i smile, turning to look at him, my gaze traveling from his thick, bushy eyebrows to his perfectly shaped lips. quickly, i look away, realizing i have been staring too much.