28 out of ?

_______________•°

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐓𝐰𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐲-𝐞𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

______________•°

Song: Somebody
By: Jungkook

continued...

~ indigo ~

"lynn, the umbilical cord is wrapped around her neck." worry sets for lynn, her eyes shifting from shock to sadness. i don't know what to do, but i am just as scared as she is. she screams in pain, and i can see that the contractions are causing harm to her. "indi, please save my baby. please." she pleads, holding onto my arm.

"sharky, pull over somewhere." i urgently tell him. sharky continues driving, but he looks back at me with concern. "just do it! now!" he finally pulls over and parks near a building. i quickly hop out, washing my hands with water before rushing back inside. i instruct sharky to place towels on his lap so that lynn can lay her head.

i close the door behind me and grab a towel to place underneath lynn. i hold her hand and say a short prayer before focusing on the task at hand. my only goal is to save my niece and my sister's lives. they both mean everything to me, and i will do everything in my power to help them.

"lynn, i want you to take deep breaths and push slowly, okay?" i say, trying to keep my voice clam. she nods her head hysterically and follows my instructions, taking deep breaths before pushing. sharky holds onto her, looking down in awe. i press my hand just underneath the baby's head to help push it out, while my other is around umbilical cord.

"push, lynn! push!" i encourage her, and with one final push, the baby's head comes out fully, the umbilical cord tightening. i take my chance to slip two fingers underneath it and pushing it upwards as the baby slips out. "come on, lynn." i try to keep her motivated. she shakes her head, breathing heavily. "i can't." she exclaims, tears falling from her eyes.

tears fall around my eyes. i try to reassure her that she can do it, and we just need one final push to remove the umbilical cord from around the baby's neck. "one final push, come on." sharky squeezes her hands, encouraging her. finally, the baby's body slips out, and the umbilical cord untangles from around her neck.

cries fill the car, and my shoulders relax upon seeing the baby... nephew?! i furrow my brow, looking up at lynn who looks back at me with worry. she looks exhausted. "it's a boy." i announce, handing the baby to her. we all smile and giggle as i wrap a towel around her and the baby. sharky climbs out to start the car, as we continue to drive to the hospital.

< hospital >

i carefully dry my hands after washing them, reaching into  my pocket to retrieve some hand cream to keep my skin soft and moisturized. lynn and her son have been taken to a medical room for checkups for her and her son. it's amusing how we all thought that the baby was a girl, but i'm grateful for his safe arrival.

i release my hair from its tie, studying my reflection in the mirror and fixing any stray strands. my thoughts drift on how sharky handled the situation. he appeared calm, but i could sense his underlying panic. i can't help but smile, imagining what it would be like to have a child with him.

a knock interrupts my thoughts, followed by my name. i quickly compose myself, annoyed that my cheeks are still flushed. i push that thought aside and exit the bathroom, where sharky is leaning against the wall, lost in thought. i approach him, taking his cold hand and looking up at him. "are you okay?" he nods, biting his lip.