14 out of ?

_______________°•

𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧

_______________°•

Song: Fantasy
By: Don Toliver ft Kali Uchis

continued...

~ maeve ~

i walk into my boss's office with some files he had requested earlier on. knocking at his door, i enter, a smile held upon his face like usual as he greets me. this is the first time this morning that we are seeing each other.

"maeve, it's good to see you." i pass the files to him as i sit in front of him. "it's good to see you too, mr. kim. have you had your coffee yet?" he waves an empty cup of coffee with a smile which i return.

"i also checked into your request for your leave to south africa." i grin knowing my plan is going the right way, they way i wanted it to. "yes, sir, any news on that?" he closes his laptop halfway before looking at me.

"well, i think it's a great idea to hold up collaborations with other companies in countries i haven't been to." i clap my hands with an excited face. "but, i do not want to risk anything happening to my company." my excited face falls down, i guess i was too quick on being excited.

"there's nothing to worry about, mr. kim." i try to reassure him. "i know, which is why i have partnered you up with michael and our intern mateo." i feel the anfer boil inside my gut. i can't believe mateo decided to team up with me or even try and have his internship here at THIS company.

"i'm sure you are going to do well, and mateo can learn a lot of things from you and michael." he smiles, opening his laptop to continue on it. i just flash a smile before getting up to leave. "one more thing, maeve. can you order me some food, use my card. remember, no pickles or any type of peppers and no cloves."

he hands me his card before leaving him. i rush back into my office, pulling my phone out so i can make a group call between me, liana, and zane. "what's up?" zane is first to answer the call. while i chat with them, i order some food for mr. kim.

"our plan has pulled through." i clap with excitement. liana and zane do the same, cheering and celebrating the great news. "so this means project maerky is going to happen?" liana asks as i nod. "and project zandigo is a good go."

zane grins leaning back from his seat. this is a chance for both me and him to get what we want, and it's going to be the best of the best of our love history's combined. "when you packing for south africa?" zane asks, sipping on his drink.

"mr. kim hasn't confirmed yet, but he has confirmed who i am going with." i roll my eyes knowing that mateo will be there. "who?" liana comes forward to the camera, her eyes and forehead appearing bigger.

"mateo and a workmate of mine." liana shakes her head, "naah! that hispanic boy mateo is going too?" i nod my head. "and i know for a fact that i can't get rid of him." after ordering the food, i wait patiently, filling some other files and documents.

"You're just gonna have to keep the plan a secret." zane shrugs. "i gotta go, guys, work calls." zane bids us goodbye before ending the call. "i gotta go too, love. see you when you get home." i bid her goodbye before ending the call.

"thank Lord, he has answered my prayers." i squeal. sharky will be mine in no time.

goodbye to you, indigo.

~ sharky ~

》play song

"sharks, we need to talk."

i can feel my heart skip a beat after hearing those words exit indigo's mouth. a lot has already started going through my mind, and worry starts pushing through.

i bite my nails nervously as i patiently yet eagerly wait for what indigo has to say. "sharky, i -" she stops for a bit, a few sniffs are heard from the other end. "indigo, talk to me, love." i wish i could hold her and comfort her right now.

"is it your period? do you need me to do anything?" i ask her. "n-no." she mumbles as i sigh, leaning back onto the couch. the rest of the guys are playing some games, niko went to sleep, and i am here talking to indigo.

a day has passed being in south africa, and i haven't stopped thinking about her. it's good to hear her voice, but it's not good to know and hear how low she feels right now. "babe, talk to me. i want to know what's bothering you, okay?"

"i know, and i'm sorry, sharks." - "don't apologize, love. i'm here for you. always." we stay in silence for a little bit, my heart is racing, and my palm is a bit sweaty.

"sharky, i've liked you for more than a year, and i've wanted to be with you ever since." i smile hearing those words come out of her mouth. i knew she liked me, she can never hide that because of her crimson cheeks, but i do sense that something is off.

"there is a 'but' in there, innit?" i can hear her take a shaky deep breath. she's probably shedding a lot of tears, and i can't see her. "my fantasies have come true to be with you, but -" she sighs, "those fantasies are being broken down." i finish her sentence.

"i don't know what to do. i'm not strong enough. everything is just -" i stop her for a moment. she's rushing through her words, and she's overthinking. i don't want her to doubt my love for her. "love, i'm going to be honest with you." i take a deep breath in.

"you are the only one who's made my fantasies come true, and there is no one who is going to come in between my love for you. tell me what you want from me and i'll give it to you, to show you how much i love you." i imagine saying this to her in front of her, but i can't because we are too far away.

i know who has caused this problem, and once i am done talking to indigo, i'm going to let that person know that she's messing with the wrong people. "sharky, love all on me, spend it on me. i just want the fantasy. don't let me go." i feel the urge to pull her close to me and just shower her with kisses and show her how much i love her.

"i belong to you, know you're all mine too. i only want you, this here my fantasy. i want to embrace you, love you, and tell you how beautiful you are every day. i'll do it all again just to see your face. when you feel alone, i'll hold you down. i love you and you only."

~ indigo ~

after hearing those words come out of sharky's mouth, i feel myself becoming secure and feeling loved in a way i have never been loved before. i feel the tears falling down my cheeks, i just want to embrace him, feel him on me, his scent everything about him.

i hate that we are in 2 different countries, far apart from each other. it makes the connection between us a bit harder. "i love you too sharky." i smile, knowing the thing between us has been cleared and states.

"now wipe those tears." i do as told, wiping my tears. i walk back into my room, closing the sliding doors and curtains, getting ready for bed. sharky stays on the call with me, asking about my day and all.

there's no other right, great, and loving person i could ask for than sharky, and he shall forever be in my heart.

my fantasy.

________________

1328 words