101.

Miami Florida.
2:36 pm.
Nyla border. 19.

NYLA WAKES up in frustration as she hears loud voices from downstairs

NYLA WAKES up in frustration as she hears loud voices from downstairs. She knows it's her cousin MICO (20) and his friends, but it almost sounded like they were celebrating for something. She get out of bed knowing this is going to be a long day. The first thing she does is take a shower and do her natural hygiene routine.

She gets out the shower and brushes her teeth, puts on deodorant, and other necessary things. She peaks around the corner to see who's in the living room and it just her cousin, rico (18), jaylon (16), and jose (17). And they have a piñata...

She walks down the stairs completely and scrunches up her face with a confused look. "Why do yall have a piñata and party hats?" She asked. "We celebrating are old friend that just got out" mico bluntly said as if i i knew about it. "Whats their name?" I ask. "Rowan."

Flashback 5 years ago...

"Rowan shut up" nyla playfully says. "No fr tho like why he did dat? Dumb ahh" he laughed as nyla and the rest of the boys chimed him. He is so fine nyla thought to herself, with his low red eyes and his nose piercing. Ik he's my cousin friend but damn. "Ight yall im finna head up out of here." He said dappin up mico, rico, jaylon, and jose.

"No don't leave" she begged while tugging on his arm. She enjoyed Rowans Presence and didn't like when he would leave.
"I gotta go love, I'll be back i Promise." he kissed her forehead and left. She sat there and pouted hoping he would change his mind and would come back...

End of flashback.

"Nyla, you good." Rico asked. "Yeah im fine." She just walked in the kitchen thinking of all the fun times her and rowan had. Rowan was her best friend from the friend group they had the best bond they were like brother and sister and she didn't know how he had a car and piercing at the age of 14, her mom didn't even let her get a piercing. But one day he left and never came back.

"So when is he coming." She asked annoyed. "He should be hear in a minute" mico said. Jose walked up to her and she already knew he was going to annoy her even more. "Here, youn want a party hat" jose smiled as he tried to put it on her. "Move." She backed away. "Come on just put it on" he said poking his lip out. "Bro, leave me alone im not in the mood." She said pushing him.

"Aww what's wrong pooh your mad because we didn't tell you?" Jaylon said. He walk up towards her hugging her. "Are y'all trying to make me mad." "Yea" mico joking said as if shit was funny. "Why didn't yall tell me?" "It's been 5 years." She adds. "Well yeah after he left he got charged with killing somebody and we told him we would pay his bail but we never told you because he didn't want you to know." "How were you going to pay for his bail were just sum teenagers." I asked.

"We have our ways" they smirked.

I mean wow it's really been 5 years. She knew it wasn't right she can't believe they kept this from her she knew when she were younger she'd ask why doesn't rowan come around and they just brush her off. Now she was really mad. And the fact he killed somebody? She didnt know what she would think of him after this.