Highschool good times

"Have you ever kissed before?"

The words had passed Jake's lips before he even realized it.

Jungwon was President of the Student Council. He was perceived by his peers as stuckup and annoying, since he was very serious about his duties. He rarely smiled outside of his friend group and was hard to get close to.

Despite this reputation, Jake had developed an interest for this boy ever since they first met at the gates of the school. Jungwon had all the qualities Jake looked up to: He was dignified, didn't care what other people said about him, and when he spoke, it always seemed like he was the most intelligent person in the room.

After a whole lot of efforts, he had managed to get a little closer to him, which drove Jungwon to spend time with him and his friend group a couple of lunchbreaks a week.

It's during one of those lunchbreaks that Jake had launched the question. The conversation seemed to permit it, and Jake thought he'd try to get to know Jungwon better.

But as soon as Jake had finished his sentence, he regretted it. Silence immediately fell and Jungwon stared at him with an unreadable expression.

"Oh, I'm not trying to imply you're not popular or anything!" exclaimed Jake to make up for his awkward question.

His friends slapped him, whispering swear words to him for his mistake.

But suddenly, Jungwon started laughing.

Jake would never forget that moment. Jungwon's face transformed by his smile, his huge eyes almost disappearing, the crystal melody of his laugh, and his silky hair dancing around.

Jake and his friends laughed with him, they all forgot about the question, and Jungwon never answered.