Uncover Jungwon

Jungwon kept inviting Jake after that night, but Jake finally found it in him to refuse him.

He didn't refuse all the invites, he wasn't strong enough yet. However he decided that putting up a little distance was best for his poor heart.

He started going out more and spending time with his friends. He managed to keep Jungwon out of his head most of the time. Overall, he was pretty happy with how well he was dealing with his broken heart...

His friends didn't agree tho.

"What's wrong with you, man?!?" exclaimed Riki during one of their outings. "You're drinking too much and doing too much these days! I've never seen you like this."

"Yeah, we had to take you home three times this week. Did something happen at work?" asked Jay.

Sunghoon was the one to answer,

"I can confirm, nothing happened at work. In fact, nothing happens at work these days, after the crazy period we just had, we're taking things slow."

"Thanks for your intervention Sunghoon," groaned Riki. "Why are you even here? You never come to drink with us."

"I'm here because Jake begged me to go drinking with him. I also wanted to make sure he'd still be in shape tomorrow for work."

"I'm fine guys. As Sunghoon said, we're taking it slow at work, so I'm taking this opportunity to enjoy your company!"

"You hate getting drunk," replied Riki. "You never drink that much, unless- wait...Is it heartbreak??"
Jake lowered his head.
"Again!?"

"Oh, this must be a big one. Your usual heartbreaks are not that destructive," observed Jay.

"That's no good," said Riki, gravely. "I know what you need! You need to find someone else, anyone!"

"Riki, you're encouraging him. What he needs is time and sobriety," corrected Jay.

"No, wait. It might not be a bad idea..."

"Jake, please..."

But Jake was already fomenting a plan with Riki, his glass of beer in hand.

*

Jake was having a fairly good time for the first time in weeks. His friends had gathered in a real restaurant this time, to celebrate the beginning of a long weekend. A few of his colleagues were also there, and by his side, he had his very charming new girlfriend.

Despite Jay's warnings, Jake had followed Riki's idea. He had met Sarah at his company's restaurant and they almost immediately started going out. To prove to her, but also to himself that he was serious about her and over his heartbreak, he had decided to introduce her to his friends.

The evening went by smoothly. Even more people were joining them as time went by, and the atmosphere was getting even more cheerful.

Until the heartbreak himself made his entrance.

Jake never explained why he was heartbroken in the first place, so of course, Jay met Jungwon again, and of course, he invited him again without thinking.

Jake had Sarah sitting on his lap, his cheeks pink and a bright smile on, when he noticed Jungwon walking towards them.

It took a second for Jungwon to cross his eyes, and another to notice Sarah.

He stopped in his track.

Jake's breath stopped. Was he going to ignore him? Was he going to come say hi to him with a smile, as if nothing happened? Jake was dreaming he would get even a little bit jealous.

However, even in dreams, Jake didn't expect Jungwon to make the face he did.

His usually cool face dropped slowly. His eyes widened slightly and glistened, while his lips started trembling.

He looked on the verge of tears.

Before anyone else noticed him, he turned around, a hand on his mouth.

Completely dumbstruck, Jake had jumped on his feet, almost throwing Sarah away, and had jumped to run after Jungwon.

He had to know what this face meant!