Spinning head

For the whole evening, Jake kept stealing glances at Jungwon. He wasn't even doing it consciously and was persuaded he was being discreet.

Until Jungwon met his eyes.

When their eyes locked, Jake found himself unable to look away. Jungwon was staring, a slight smile on his thin lips. Only when Jake's heartbeat got deafening did he finally broke eye contact, his face on fire.

But Jake wasn't at the end of his ordeal. Halfway through the evening, Jungwon got up, and for some reasons, came to sit next to him.

Jake could finally hear his voice, singing right into his ears,

"Jakey! It's been a while. Sorry I'm only saying hi now."

His smile forced forgiveness.

"J- Jungwon," choked Jake.
"You really changed!"

Jake had to laugh to not scream, while Jungwon seemed totally at ease. Jake would have felt a little disappointed if he wasn't so agitated.

"I did?" laughed Jungwon. "I think you're the one who changed the most."

"How so?"

Little by little, Jake calmed down and the conversation started flowing. They talked about their lives after highschool, how Jungwon had left in a hurry for an abroad school, and how he hated it there.

They talked about their respective jobs, and their families' health. They explained how they ended up at this party, how Jake kept in contact with their old friends, and how Jungwon reconnected with the same friends by chance.

A really natural discussion.

Jake had forgotten everything about his panic. He even followed Jungwon outside for a smoke without even thinking.

The weather was pleasantly cold. They leaned against a barrier, forming white clouds above their heads, without a word.

Jake thought for a second that he never felt more happy in his life.

"Hey, look, it's snowing," he said, his laugh barely resonating through the foggy empty street.

Maybe Jungwon had answered to this affirmation, Jake never heard him. However, he felt his hand tugging on his vest and his warm breath on his face when he turned to face him.

He smelled the familiar scent of cigarette, and felt his cold skin, when Jungwon came to gently kiss him on the lips.

"Did your kisses improve?" asked Jungwon after the kiss, mischievously.

Jake stared at him, the ashes of his cigarette falling on the young white snow, and burning holes in his sweater.

"This reunion made me all nostalgic," said Jungwon, turning away to have a puff of his cigarette.
"Do you remember...?"

Jake had slid his hand along Jungwon's cheek to turn his head back towards him, and without letting him finish talking, he kissed him back.

A little more intensely, and a little longer.

When the kiss stopped, Jake asked,

"What do you think?"