Undate

Despite Jungwon's singular take on their relationship, Jake was more passionate than ever. He even started bragging about it to his friends.

"Jungwon and you?" had said Jay.
"Never saw that coming!"

"Wait, what do you mean? Am I this unlovable?" laughed Jake.

"Argh, that not what I meant, idiot. It's just...I never thought he would be your type."

"And what is my type?"

"Yourself I guess," immediately replied Jay. "Cute, flirty, easy-going and a little stupid."

"What!?"

"Oh no, he's got a point," insisted Riki.

"I thought you asked me his number because he has a good position in a big company, not because you wanted to woo him."

Everyone laughed, except Jake.

"...Sunghoon had a similar reaction," he said for himself.

This conversation made Jake so irritated that he avoided the subject altogether after this. If they couldn't see how amazing Jungwon had always been, it was their loss. It did not diminish Jake's admiration for Jungwon.

He was having the time of his life meeting with him, talking with him...he would even dream about him at night.

He still managed to act very casual about the whole relationship, forcing himself to forget about his thoughts about Jungwon meeting other people. He did not want Jungwon to get annoyed and decide to never see him again.

Until one night, while he was insisting on choosing a time and place for their three next dates in advance, Jungwon laughed and said, only half-joking,

"You're so pressed all the time! Are you in love with me or something?"

Silence fell.

"..."

And that's when it hit Jake.

He completely froze, staring at Jungwon in awe.

He was.

He really was in love with Jungwon.

How did he not put a word on this feeling up until now? How did he keep on going, obsessing over this man all this time without ever realizing that it was love?

He was so dumbstruck by the realization that he forgot to answer.

Jungwon was still silently waiting for him to say something, his face slowly dropping.

Since the answer wasn't coming, he laughed a little and said,

"I was just joking, don't make this shocked face."

Jake started blabbering and stuttering, too many words coming up to his lips at the same time.

"Yeah, a joke haha! I do like you a lot tho, that's true! I wouldn't ask you out all the time otherwise, right?"

Jungwon sketched a smile but stayed very quiet after this. The date ended in a very awkward atmosphere.

Jake went home with the feeling he had done something very bad. So, looking at himself in the mirror, he decided that, upon his new realization, he would be even more devoted to Jungwon, even if the latter wasn't sharing his feelings.

He made up a whole plan of buying meaningful gifts, visiting amazing places and even imagined how he would give the best impression if he ever met Jungwon's friends.

But Jake could have never predicted what came after this catastrophic date.

For some reason, Jungwon asked Jake to meet almost every day. They would meet at nightfall, spend the night together, and part ways. At first, Jake was ecstatic to suddenly get so much attention from Jungwon, but it also completely ruined his plan of cherishing Jungwon and made him feel a little bad after a while.

After almost a month of meeting non-stop, Jake even started to feel disgusted. He didn't feel disgusted of Jungwon, of course. Even when meeting him this often, his touch would still send Jake into outer space, but he felt disgusted because he felt used.

Jake just had come to terms with his feelings, but the situation let him no space to deal with them or express them. He thought several time of refusing Jungwon, even just for a night, but everything he would see his name come up on his phone, his resolves would crumble.

One night, finally, he found the courage to formulate his thoughts,

"Hey, Jungwon. We haven't been on a date for a while. Are you in a rush these days?"