Adults don't talk

Jake and Jungwon never went back inside the restaurant. Jake left his bag and wallet, Jungwon left his helmet, and they headed straight to Jake's place.

If Jungwon hated Jake's kiss, he sure hid it well. He kept his face stuck to Jake's the whole night.

Jake was suddenly very thankful to have been dumped that day and to have found the energy to go to this party. He forgot about his work the next day and about his credit card that Riki was probably using to treat everyone at this very moment.

He had found his idol again. Yang Jungwon had jumped back into his life, turning it upside down.

This time, he wouldn't let go.

The two boys went at it until they fell asleep on each other, as naturally as their childish kissing practice had been.

But the next day, Jake woke up to a note from Jungwon,

"Went to fetch back my ride."

With not even a phone number.

Jake stared at it for a while, dejected.

But our happy-go-lucky Jakey was quick to brighten up again. No phone number meant they would probably meet again soon.

He also had to realize that he had just shared the most magical night with the person he admired the most in the world. Couldn't get better than that.

The rest of the day went by in a foggy bliss. No one at work asked, because what happened the night before was so obvious, seeing Jake's stupidly satisfied face.

The euphoria lasted until late in the evening, when he went to Riki's place to pick up his bag.

"Where did you disappear after this? Did Jungwon invite you for a drink just the two of you?"

"Yeah, something like that," nodded Jake, checking to see if everything was still in his bag. "About Jungwon, is he invited to our next outing?"

"You're talking about it as if we plan brunch every Sunday. Maybe Jay will invite him again, ask him."

Jake nodded again, a new light in his eyes after hearing his friend Jay was in contact with Jungwon. He thanked Riki and left in a hurry.

He was quick to text Jay about inviting Jungwon again the next time, and went to sleep in the best mood.

Sadly, the next morning was not as bright. Jay had texted back, explaining he only met Jungwon by chance a couple of times and had invited him just this one time. He had no way of contacting him otherwise.

Jake suddenly felt desperate. Jungwon was as elusive as ever, vanishing into thin air once again. If he wanted to disappear like this from the start, what did this night mean?