Ô so soft training

Jungwon's word stayed in Jake's mind for the entire day. It kept bothering him before bed and he thought about it when he woke up.

What was it that bothered him so much about Jungwon saying he was bad at kissing, when he knew he couldn't have been good with so little experience anyway?

He carried this stupid little worry around, until he saw Jungwon again.

It was as surreal as ever. Jungwon acted as if nothing ever happened, but at the same time, something in his expression had changed. The corner of his lips was turned up and a flicker could be seen in his eyes.

He said hi to Jake when they passed each other in the corridor, but didn't spend lunch break with him.

The next day either.

On the third day, he did join to eat, but nothing notable happened.

It's on the fourth day, when they coincidentally met in the bathroom, that Jungwon threw in the middle of the exchange,

"When should we practice again? Since you're so bad at kissing."

Jake stayed frozen on his feet, staring at Jungwon, stunned.

Jungwon laughed softly and petted his cheek, saying,

"Let's meet tomorrow at lunch, I'll find somewhere we can be alone."

And that's how it started.

The two boys made it a habit. Meeting between, or after classes, taking it very seriously, even doing research. Their kissing practice.

Jake was very into it, trying to get good points with his practice comrade. But for some reason, Jungwon wasn't quite satisfied.

"Who are you trying to get so perfect for?" asked Jake after Jungwon criticized his skills again.

"I'm not trying to impress anyone, I just feel like...you could do better."

Facing Jungwon soft smile, Jake would always take it like a challenge.

He was so focused on his sweet training that he wasn't seeing the time passing.

When graduation came, he suddenly heard Jungwon declare,

"Our last training."

"Last?" Jake repeated.

"We leave school for good in a couple of days," explained Jungwon, as if Jake was stupid.

Jake, who somehow thought they'd keep doing this indefinitely, realized it was actually his last chance to get validation from his all time idol, Jungwon.

He gave his all for this final kiss, synching his breath with Jungwon's, choosing his pace carefully, feeling the flow perfectly.

But when they separated and when their gaze crossed, as always, Jungwon declared,

"Not that good."

Starting that day, Jake kept these words stuck to his brain like a curse, and the two boys stopped meeting each other completely.