Not pitied but adored

Jake was staring at the most beautiful creature he was ever given to see. The idol of his youth and the coolest person he knew to this day, and this very person was thinking he was pitying him.

The marvelous Jungwon was thinking all this time that him, common and ridiculous Jake, was doing him a favor by spending time in his presence?

That's the question Jake was repeating in his mind, trying to make sense of Jungwon's red and puffy face in front of him.

"I liked that you were president of the Student Council," blurted out Jake, breaking the silence that followed his bold declaration.
Jungwon fake laughed, but Jake was quick to add,
"It may sounds like I'm making up excuses but, yeah, I liked that."
Jungwon stopped laughing, looking up at Jake.
"I liked that you were serious about everything you did, I liked that you were so hard-working, but also effortlessly smart at the same time. You were better than most in every aspect. You were good at sport, helpful, and always composed. I liked how you smiled so large at your friends and I wished that you would smile like this at me some day. That's why I befriended you, not because I wanted to appear generous by 'consecrating a peasant', like you seem to think."

Jungwon let out a laugh. Jake smiled, a little relieved to see him relax a bit.

"Well, I guess it feels nice to hear," recognized Jungwon, whipping his face.

Jungwon was still very hesitant about taking in Jake's words. His face was a bit pink and his lips were trembling slightly, but his eyes were still wary.

"You still don't believe me? Did you forget how I basically begged you to hang out with me, and how I'm still begging today?"

"Again, you're ten times cooler than back then and still hang out with people I can't look in the eyes. Pardon me if I can't trust you immediately!"

Jake got on his knees and came to take Jungwon's hands, making the latter jump of surprise.

"Look at yourself Jungwon. You're fashionable, you're mysterious, you're rich, you even ride a bike. Can't get cooler than that! Neither me nor my friends are any match for you, never have been. Now, if you still don't believe how I've worshipped you ever since I first met you, tell me what I should do to make you trust me."
Jungwon stuttered, blushing, not knowing the answer himself.
"Should I let you fuck me?"
Jungwon opened eyes wide and suddenly, busted out laughing. Jake smiled, but came to caress Jungwon's cheek so he would look back at him.
"I'm seriously at a loss. I tried to make you understand with my body but apparently, it didn't work either, seeing how you thought I just wanted your ass."

Jungwon smiled again at Jake funny way with words. They looked at each other for a moment, until Jungwon replied,

"Honestly, I don't know. I think I just need time."

"Let's start by you telling me what you really want with me then."

Jungwon looked at Jake and thought for a second. He then lowered his eyes and asked, hesitantly,

"Well, can we be exclusive?"

"Please, yes."

"And...can we call each other often?"

"God, yes. I want to send you morning texts too, can I?"

Jungwon nodded, his face reddening.

"I want to see you on your days off," added Jungwon.

"They're all yours. Can I come to your place during the week too? Also, I'll give you a key to my place."

Jungwon laughed softly and sighed. He came to put his head on Jake's shoulder.

"Now, please, break up with your girlfriend."

Jake cursed at himself internally, remembering Sarah.

"I'll do it as soon as I leave, just stay like this a little longer."

Jungwon laughed again. He could feel Jake discreetly taking whiffs off of his neck, but he let him be, feeling strangely at peace.

"Hey," murmured Jake. "Can you tell me the truth about my kisses? Are they really that bad?"