The ridiculous truth about those two

The calm atmosphere was broken by Jungwon exclaiming,

"Are you serious?! Can't you just get over this stupid question? It's been ages!"

Jungwon seemed uneasy. He regretted reacting so loudly, but Jake replied just as loud,

"Yeah, I know you already told me, I suck at it! But could you tell me why? Did I even improve since highschool? I need to know!"
Jungwon was staring at him, incredulous.
"Listen, I realize how stupid it sounds, but hear me out. I spent my formative years trying to impress you by getting better at kissing. I mean, how many practice session did we have??
Of course, every relationship I ever had afterwards, I was conscious of it. I kept wondering if I was really getting better or if everyone was just lying to me."
Jungwon was not enjoying hearing about Jake's relationship history, but what Jake explained after erased his uneasiness,
"I dated all these people with you in mind, all this because I wanted you to be impressed by me for at least this one thing, so, please, don't tell me to get over it."
After this tirade, Jake was out of breath. His eyes, however, were solidly staring at Jungwon who was now red up to his ears.
"What's wrong?"

"Y-you said...all this time...you dated- with me in mind?" stuttered Jungwon.

It was Jake's turn to become crimson.

"W-well, I meant, only when I would kiss them- I mean-!"
Jake took his face in his hands.
"I guess it's proof that...even before I knew my own feelings, all I had in mind was you."

Jungwon lowered his eyes.

"I'm sorry you had to go through all this because of a stupid idea I had in highschool," he said.
"I-if I say that you kisses are great, will you still want to meet with me?"

"Is that even a question?" exclaimed Jake. "Of course I'd want to! I'd be glad and relieved, but it's not like it's the only thing I hope to get from you."

Jungwon smiled slightly and nodded.

"I'm glad. I hope you won't get angry at me either, since it's important to you."
Jake wondered for a second what Jungwon could ever possibly do to make him angry. Nothing came to mind.
Jungwon explained,
"Those kissing practice sessions were bullshit."
Jake was about to argue again, but Jungwon continued,
"If you think about it, how could I have known what a good kiss was when I never kissed anyone before?"
Jake froze. In fact, it made sense...
"You asked me if I ever kissed before and this idea came to me, under the guise of teenage curiosity, maybe I could get a kiss from you, even just a peck."

"But I'm the one who suggested we should practice."

"I influenced you into it. Besides, if you hadn't suggested it, I would have."
Jake was shook.
"Only, I wasn't expecting a full-blown kiss, and I certainly wasn't expecting you to accept the second time I evoked practicing. You got so into it I kept pushing my luck.
Now, the only reason I kept saying you were bad was that so you would want to continue practicing...with me."

"But...if it was so we would keep seeing each other, why would you still say that before we left highschool, when you knew you were about to leave the country?"

"Because I couldn't accept that it was over! I've been in love with you since the first time I laid my eyes on you, how could I accept that my inimaginable luck of being able to kiss you almost every day was coming to an end when I never even told you my feelings?? I was delusional and desperate."

Jake was red from the sudden confession.

"Is that why you kept saying it even after we met again?" he asked.

"It made me feel safe, because it meant you'd still want to see me...to 'practice'. But then, the charm worn off and you said we just weren't compatible..."

"Oh my God, I'm such an IDIOT!" shouted Jake, slapping his forehead. "I was just being dramatic, I'm sorry! I thought I had been rejected back then."

"I'm the one who was rejected! The face you made when I joked about you being in love with me, I could see you hated even the idea!"

At these words, a very familiar scene took place,

The room went silence, Jake froze, and stared at Jungwon in awe.