3

Ishan:
You and Sara , huh ? I guess I saw that coming .
Don't worry ,achhi Jodi hai tum dono ki .But I must admit I am jealous ,just a little bit tho. ( that's a lie )

No hate towards Sara though ,I mean how can anyone hate her , she is literally so perfect . The perfect woman for the perfect man .

You know this situation reminds of that one song  . Heather by Conan gray . I think the lyrics went something like this -

"Why would you ever kiss me?
I'm not even half as pretty
You gave her your sweater, it's just polyester
But you like her better
Wish I were Heather

Watch as she stands with her, holding your hand
Put your arm 'round her shoulder, now I'm getting colder
But how could I hate her? She's such an angel
But then again, kinda wish she were dead as she

Walks by
What a sight for sore eyes
Brighter than the blue sky
She's got you mesmerized while I die"

Except you never kissed me and you never will .
But that's okay , I have accepted it already that we shall never be lovers.
But what I refuse to accept is that we'll never be friends again . So here I am sitting with misplaced hope that you'll read my messages , that you'll unblock me , that you'll answer my calls .

I know it will never happen , but let me be in denial a bit longer .

In denial that you'll come back to me , in denial that we'll be best friends forever again, in denial that we will have our so called "friendship dates " again .

God of someone read these  messages of mine  they would think I'm crazy , talking to myself . Writing long messages for someone who ll never read them . But do I care? No , because if there is even a slight chance of you seeing this I don't want to miss it .

sent
2:00 am

Message not received as user has blocked you

--

Ishan knew if he slept now , at 2:30 am he wouldn't wake up on time for practice.

So he did the most logical thing , he didn't sleep at all , he fcked around the whole night  watching random series on Netflix ,before getting ready and heading out for practice at 5 .

So logical right 👍.

Through the entirety of the practice sesh , his Rohit bhaiya glared at him silently, knowing what he had done , but didn't say anything as the captain didn't want to berate his insomniac brother infront of everyone .

This did not mean that Ishan was saved from scolding . On the contrary he was in more trouble .

-

A sleep deprived Ishan Kishan was cornered by Rohit Sharma, as the former tried to leave after practice without getting scolded . It did not work tho .

" So care to tell me what exactly was going through your brain when you decided not to sleep ."
Asked the captain , Ishan thought his expression vaguely resembles a grumpy papa bear.

" Bhaiya I couldn't sleep , I was -"
Ishan said , searching for words to explain the situation . But he didn't have to ,as Rohit Sharma decided to complete the sentence himself .

" - texting someone who won't reply , being self destructive and an overall IDIOT!"

Ishan winced slightly hurt , emotions evident on his face. See you must understand even as a boy Ishan wore his heart on his sleeve .

Ro-Bro softened at the sight of his face " baccha , I am saying this for your own good . You need sleep even Vee who has a problem with me sleeping and sleeping in general agrees that you need sleep .

Look at you , you look like a bloody zombie who is going to collapse any moment now . "

" Bhaiyaaaa I am not a child , mai khud ka khyal rakh sakta hun . Aap itna tension mat lo , chehre pe wrinkles aa jayenge " Ishan laughed out , clearly not taking the conversation seriously.

Rohit sighed , he didn't want to this , but sometimes tough love was important and the only way to make kids understand.

" If you will listen to my advice as your elder brother , then listen to me as your captain .

I am telling you , you better sleep  or else I will bench you . If you don't sleep ,you will be sick and tired on the field and that will affect your performance whilst dragging the team down .

It is your choice now Ishan ,sleep and play great or don't sleep and be unfit to play .  "

Ishan stilled for a moment at his bhaiya's harsh tone before realising his brother just said all that because he wanted what's best for Ishan , because he cared .

Ishan wished Shubman cared.

" Thank you Bhai " he hugged his Ro-Bro" for caring so much about me "

Rohit just chuckled " of course I care , you are my baccha na "

-

Rohit smiled the next morning as be saw Ishan being energetic and active, clearly having slept well .
He was so going to brag about this to Vi , about him being the more convincing Bhaiya to get the insomniac to sleep .

----

Thoughts ?

Also writing me kuch galti dikhe to bataa do