6

Flashback to the past

Shubman cursed himself repeatedly as he had to excercise a lot of self restraint to not look at Ishan, the latter just coming out of the shower with only a towel wrapped around his waist.

Don't look -don't look -don't look chanted Shubhman in his head . Ah god damn it he looked.

Disgusting, he thought , why am I thinking such thoughts of my best friend and a male on top of that .

He knew gays existed , and he didn't have any problem with them . But he couldn't possibly be one , it simply just wasn't possible. He liked girls after all .

" Shubhi , man why you looking so disappointed, kisine tere ko reject kar diya "

No , no one rejected him but he had a feeling if asked a certain someone,he would get rejected right here right now .

" Nahi, bhai , bas aise he sir thoda dard kar Raha hai "  as he said those words he noticed Ishan flinched a bit at the second word . Did he too notice the minor struggle Shubman had at saying the second word when it should have slipped naturally from his lips .

Oh my god , what if he had started to get suspicious ? what if he found out ?what if Ishan was disgusted with him ? his brain became overthinking ke dukaan .

' Don't be stupid Shubi' he berated himself ' what will he find out ,there is nothing  to find out you're not gay , you just need to sort some conflicting things out, yea you're just confused '

Ishan's hands on his shoulders shaking him slightly snapped him out of his daze .

" Kiske khayalo me khoya tha tu ?" The shorter boy teased .

' tere khayalo me ' .

HOLD UP , WAIT A MINUTE  , why did he just think that .

It was evident to sort out some of the rather conflicting things would be hard to do when a angel named Ishu was always around.

There was only one way now , he had to avoid Ishan . This was for the greater good obviously , he needed to settle his thoughts . Because Ishan deserved a proper bestfriend and not someone with perverse or questionable thoughts about him .

Ishan dragged him to the dining area , where the rest of the team was already seated .

" Aur itne der Tak kamre me kya kar rahe the tum dono , akele akele .. " Hardik asked teasingly

" Saari ashiqi ho gayi kya ?, Jo ab humare yaad aa  Rahi hai " Virat joined in .

The team always teased the both of them , calling them lovers even some of their fans did . Some fans going as far to writing fanfics about them ( which he totally didn't search up and read after his sister told him about them ) .

He usually brushed off the teasing taking it in a light way , but lately he had been getting flustered.

" Aww guys look Ishan and Shubman are blushing " teased Rahul .

Wait, why was Ishan blushing ? Oh wait must be because of embarrassment due to being paired up with a boy romantically.

Eyebrows were raised when Shubman chose to sit besides Hardik instead of his usual seat besides Ishan . But no one said anything.

Ishan didn't think much of it , maybe Shubman wanted to ask Harry something. Besides Ishan wasn't the clingy type .

Questions were raised when Shubman left the table after eating without even waiting for Ishan or looking at him .

-

It was evident that Shubman was ignoring Ishan , not just to the team but even Ishan noticed .

Ishan wondered throughout the week about whether he had said something wrong or done something wrong .

Shubman's ignorance stung , it hurt when his roommate ignored him . Whenever he tried to talk to the guy , Shubman would magically get a call or a text and Ishan couldn't help but want to know who was this new person ?.

-
Shubman knew Sara from before , she was a good friend of his , and the smarter friend of the duo .

" It is not right ,you shouldn't ignore him like this . You are just hurting his feelings " she tried to explain it to him gently .

But the the boy was stubborn " No Sara , I need to fix my thinking , my thoughts about him aren't right. He deserves a friend who doesn't think perverse thoughts about him , who doesnt imagine at night what it would be like to touch him ,to feel him , to hold him forever and never let go . "

"Sounds like you are in love with him "

"NO , don't crack jokes Sara . I m not gay , I like girls "

" Who said you were gay , maybe you could like both boys and girls ."

" You can like both genders too?"

He heard her soft chuckled through the phone " Yes Shubman it's called being bisexual "

"OHH , well I m not that either . I am straight . End of discussion "

"More like you are in denial , in delusion "

" Didn't you hear what they say these days on the internet - being delulo is the solulo " he said refering to the popular slang that meant being delusional is the solution.

" Not in this case Shubman, being delulo doesn't work in this case . Mark my words it will cause you only heart break and sorrow . You are distancing yourself from him now but soon you will pine for him , your heart will ache to see him , to hold him again but you will not be able to , because you decided to push him away . " She spoke ominously , before adding " and then you will eat my head, whining about it and annoy me "

Maybe Sara was a psychic, maybe she has some magic in her blood or maybe it was a quality that all woman possessed regarding relationships, but whatever she predicted it all came true .

Shubman should have listened , he really should have listened to her . But then again he wasn't called Shubman 'stubborn ' Gill  for no reason .

-----

So ........thoughts ?

The flashback of what happened will continue in next chapter .
Till then intezar karo .

Also how do you like the start of part two ?

Comment your thoughts please guys , they mean a lot to me .