Part 3

-y/n's POV-

"Honey! Your father's here!" I heard mom call out from the living room. I was not particularly excited, dad was never that happy to be there, you could tell that he wanted to get back to his ship.

"Where's my girl?" He called through the halls. I walked to the door and gave him a hug, I mean he is still my dad. 

Everyone walked to the kitchen while Kay started making dinner, he was the main cook of the family, he often spoke about his love for the culinary arts. I exchanged a look with him as if to say "I'll keep them busy," With my eyes. As my parents and I sit in the living room, I hear a groan from my room. 

"What was that?" Mom inquired to noone in particular. I look over to the kitchen with panic in my eyes,

"Sorry! Just a little annoyed, I spilled water on the floor." said Kay. I was immediately relieved, I'm going to have to be a little louder to drown out any sleeping noises. 

"Well cupcake, I think it's about time for your presents!" My father usually goes over the top with gifts, not that I'm complaining. He handed me a package with brown paper wrapping, I carefully tear it apart, I could possibly use the paper for something. I really don't like to waste. 

"The sketchbook I was looking at! Thanks dad!" I say. I'm slightly surprised that he toned it down with the gifts this year! Next, mom hands me a small blue box. I take the lid off, and inside is a gorgeous necklace with a pink pearl pendant on the end. 

"Mom! Its beautiful!" I exclaim, 

"I'm so glad you like it hun." She replied. 

"Well I'm extremely sorry but I have to go before dinner, my crew is leaving at 7 o'clock sharp and I cannot miss it." My mom signals him over to the door obviously pissed off. I take that opportunity to check on Grian in my bedroom.

 I walk through the door to see him admiring the drawings I have pinned up above my desk. 

"You're an amazing artist." He said turning to me with soft smile. I once again felt my cheeks turn warm.

"Aw thanks, it takes a LOT of practice!" I replied, putting emphasis on the "LOT" 

"I heard people talking, what's happening out there?" He inquired. 

"Just my parents, It's my birthday today." 

"Well happy birthday, I'm really sorry that you had to deal with me, I really appreciate everything you've done but I am going to have to be on my way tomorrow. I've got to stay on the move." He said, looking slightly sad. I felt sad as well but then a sudden rush of confidence and an insane idea went through my head.

"Let me come with you!" He looked at me like I'd gone insane, maybe I had but it seemed like a good idea in the moment. 

"I've never really done anything adventurous, It's about time I get out there and travel. I'm sure you could also use some company on your travels. It must get pretty lonely!" I explained.

-Grian's POV-

She seemed insane! How could she just decide then and there that she wanted to come with me? I gotta say, the spontaneous spirit was kind of hot. 

"What about your family?" I said with a twinge of blush on my face from the previous thought. 

I guess she hadn't thought of that before because her expression quickly changed to deep in thought. 

"My dad wouldn't give a damn and I'm sure I could give a story about a work trip to my mother, she's not all too worried as long as it's about work. She trusts my boss and company." It sounded insane but running it through my head, it would be nice to have someone with me. I had been alone for half my life and she really was lovely company. 

It might not have been a wise decision but I grinned and said "we leave tomorrow!"

A/N

Two chapters in a day?! I don't know I'm just having fun writing.

692 words