Part 9

-A/N- I'm going to try format my chapters a little different, the parts feel too smushed together, let me know if it's better and I will change all the others to be like this one :D

-y/n's POV-

This landing had been a lot rougher than the one before, my legs stumbling as they hit the the grassy ground. I felt my right knee buckle beneath me and let out a sharp hiss at the sudden pain.

"y/n? What happened? Are you okay?" Grian inquired worriedly.

I could feel the tears brimming in my eyes as I tried to focus on forming words to explain what happened, but I just burst into sobs sitting there on the grass with Grian behind me. Still strapped to each other with the leather harness.

"I'm fine." I said between sobs, while holding my knee.

"Obviously not, you wouldn't be crying if you were fine! Did something happen to your knee?" He asked distressed.

"My knee gave out from landing, I'm sure it's fine, it's just in shock probably." I said, trying to deny the fact that I was in so much pain. I was trying to prove that I wasn't a burden. The Avian on the run had so kindly allowed me to join him and I, in no way, wanted to make him regret that decision. I decided to stand up, or at least try. Conveniently, Grian had just finished unstrapping the harness, I started to get up slowly pushing myself up with my good left leg but was ultimately not able to hold my weight on the one leg very well. With a yelp I toppled over, landing right on top of my feathered friend who was still sat on the green grass.

"Woah! Standing is probably not a good idea!" He spat out nervously, a twinge of pink dusting his face, probably from the fact I was unintentionally buckled down in his lap in an awkward twisting of limbs. While I scurried off of him to sit on the ground beside him, he just laughed about the ordeal. After sitting there for a quiet, slightly awkward moment, Grian stood up and offered a hand to me so he could help me stand up.

"I don't think I'll be able to walk, it feels really messed up." I said sadly. Before I was able to register what was happening, Grian scooped me up with an arm under my knees and one on my back, carrying me bridal style.

"This is the best thing I could think of, sorry." He said with a sheepish smile on his lips. I opened my mouth to say something but any words previously in my head quickly left without a trace and my mouth just hung slightly open.

-Grian's POV-

What the heck possessed me to do that? I mean, there was no way she was going to be able to walk... speaking of which! I'm the most stupid piece of shit for hurting her, I've landed a million times but of course when I'm flying with her I mess one up. I don't think I've ever felt so guilty about anything! The least I could do was carry her to Scott's inn, after all, it was my fault that she was hurt.

"Ah! Here we are! Scott will take a look at your knee and see how serious it is." I said as the building came into view. Coming up to the building I could hear y/n's hitched breathing and another pang of guilt hit me in the chest. I tried to brush it off though, and walked in the front door.

"Honey, I'm homeee!" I called from the front desk. This had been a bit of a running joke that was used on the rare occasion that I visited. I don't come back to this particular town in the farming faction very often because a group of hunters had begun to notice that I kept coming back.

"Is there even anyone here right now?" y/n asked while still in my arms. As if on cue, a familiar head of cyan blue hair walked through the door looking around for the voice calling out. Scott spots me by the desk and jogs over, almost immediately freezing in his tracks as he registers that there's an unknown girl in my arms.

"Grian? Who's this?" Scott inquired with a raised eyebrow.

"My travel companion, y/n! She did hurt her knee landing though so it would be greatly appreciated if you could take a look at it." I replied. Scott just nodded and signaled us over to the sofa set in the middle of the lobby.

-y/n's POV-

Grian put me down on a plush green couch, I noticed that it matched beautifully with the warm woods and décor of the rest of the room. My thoughts cut short by the sudden shiver when I felt the cold left by the absence of Grian's arms that I had gotten used to.

"Alright, I'm going to need you to straighten your leg as much as you can without it hurting too much and roll up your pant leg to your knee." Scott said, a look of sympathy on his face at the gasping sounds I made when I straightened my leg. He examined my turned purple joint and seemed to quickly come to a conclusion.

"How bad is it Doc?" I said, trying to make light of the situation with a little joke.

Scott made a polite chuckle at the crack and said, "It's looking like a dislocated knee joint, I'm going to need to put it back in place but after a few days of staying off the leg it'll be good as new!"

"That's good news! Grian said cheerfully. I beamed a smile at him in return.

"The putting it back is definitely going to hurt something awful unfortunately." Scott added.

"You know how to do that?" I asked shocked.

"That's Scott! He's a man of many talents!" Grian exclaimed slapping Scott on the back playfully.

"Alright I'm going to get it over and done with, brace yourself and I'll do it on the count of three. One." My eyes went wide in realization at what was going to happen. "Two." I started to panic at the inevitable pain before me. "Three!" I grabbed onto Grian's hand lightening fast to grasp something as a piercing pain shot through my knee and traveled down my leg. A pop was heard and tears flooded my eyes as quickly as they had when I first hurt it.

"All done! You did really good! How's it feel now?" Scott said, backing away from the couch to flop down onto a nearby armchair.

"It hurts like a bitch but surprisingly it's less uncomfortable now, it at least feels like it's in it's normal spot." I replied, as my tear filled eyes started to dry up, after looking up at Grian to distract myself from the pain. I had just realized how hard I was gripping his hand, I quickly released it and franticly apologized.

"Don't worry about it, my hand is right as rain! You have a surprisingly tight grip though." He replied, hiding that he was rubbing his hand which was definitely turning red where my fingers had dug into the flesh.

-Grian's POV-

I'm just glad you're alright. Grian thought to himself.

-A/N-

This took way longer to write than I thought it would

1223 Words