Part 6

-y/n's POV-

The inside of Scar's tree was extremely cozy, full of lanterns and house plants. We followed him to the kitchen and the smell of home cooking filled my nose. 

"I would have prepared something a little more fancy if I had known that you were bringing someone Grian but I hope potatoes and steak is alright." Scar said while plating out dinner for us. 

"Oh yes! Thank you so much, that'll be great!" I said, genuinely very thankful for a good meal, I hadn't eaten since last night before I went to bed. We all sat down at the table and Grian and Scar caught up while I inhaled my food. 

"No way!" Scar exclaimed, I had missed what the current conversation was about. 

"Huh?" I said, taking a break from my plate. 

"You saved Grian's life!" Scar said with an exaggerated hand gesture. 

"Well not really that extreme, he probably would have lived if I hadn't found him, he's a tough cookie!" I replied, giving a small smile in Grian's direction. 

"But he could've been found by those awful hunters! That sounds like life saving to me!" He countered. 

"I guess that's true?" I said, I really don't want to sound full of myself, you know? I glanced over the table to see Grian looking at me, immediately he looked away trying to play it off like a coincidence. I also noticed that he had dark circles under his eyes, the poor man must be exhausted. Right on cue Scar ended his conversation with Grian to pick up plates, 

"y/n I would show you to your bedroom but I had no idea you were coming so I'm not exactly sure what to do about that." 

"Oh! That's alright! I can share with Grian, we did last night so I'm sure it's alright!" I replied. Scar just looked at him and raised a questioning eyebrow as Grian nodded his head with a slightly pink face. 

"Alright, I'm going to go get ready for bed then, I don't know about you both, but I'm the most tired I've ever been. It's really been a long day." With that, I left the room to go up to brush my teeth.

-Grian's POV-

"Dude what?!" Scar whisper shouted as soon as y/n left the room. "You slept with her?" My face turned hotter than the desert. 

"It's not what you think! I was injured and she wouldn't let me sleep on the floor but I couldn't allow her to either and if she was on the couch, someone would've found out that I was there so our solution was just to both sleep in her bed. We put a few pillows in-between us and it wasn't anything remotely intimate!" I rambled trying to find the best words. 

"Oh ok that makes sense, but is there a reason she's here? Not to sound rude, just curious." He replied. Why was she coming with me? 

"I think she just wanted adventure." Scar just nodded and sat down on the couch beside me. 

"Now when are you going to ask her out?" 

"W-What?!" I sputtered in shock. 

"C'mon man you were staring at her all through dinner, it's extremely obvious that you've got a crush." He said with a coy grin. I shoved his arm and whispered, 

"fine, you caught me, I do have a bit of a crush but it's not serious enough to ask her out at all! We just met 2 days ago!" 

"I guess that makes sense but it would be a really cute pair just so you know." Scar said. I let out a nervous laugh and decided to change the subject, 

"You know, I've really missed this. Just chatting, it's been way too long since I've visited." Scar agreed and we caught up more getting into some deeper subjects now that y/n wasn't here. After about another hour of talking Scar headed to bed, leaving me to get ready for the night as well. My wings dragged behind me like weighted blankets, as they were always dead tired after a day of flying. I didn't even bother changing into different clothes, I just splashed my face with some water to clean the areas around my healing cuts on my head and headed to the guest room. 

y/n was already sleeping it appeared so I climbed into the bed trying to be as gentle as possible to not wake her up, she hadn't bothered to make a pillow barrier this time. Probably because last night my wings had completely destroyed it immediately. I grabbed her limp hand and rubbed my thumb over the side for a moment, before releasing it and whispering a goodnight even though she couldn't hear. I then drifted off into a restful slumber.

-y/n's POV-

I was just lying in bed trying to fall asleep when I heard Grian enter the room. He carefully got onto the mattress, he must think I'm asleep! Might as well play into it, see what happens. My thoughts were interrupted by Grian taking my hand, my face grew hot in the dark as I felt his calloused thumb rub the side of my hand. That was an oddly sweet gesture? Grian let go of my hand and I frowned at the loss of contact, my skin felt cold where his warm fingers had rested. He whispered a quiet goodnight and went quiet, assumedly trying to fall asleep. It just left me confused and blushing at the sweet moment that he had no idea I witnessed, and not long after I started to hear Grian sleepily murmuring lightly, I fell asleep.

-A/N-

Some fluff, and admission :D

943 words