Part 13

-y/n's POV-

Grian and I had been holding each other, sitting on the floor, for a while now. I can't believe that I was so close to death! For a second, I had panicked about Grian giving himself up; his well being is way more important to me and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if he was captured while protecting me. Then he pulled the chair move and boom! Big scary man on the floor! Speaking of which, he was still in an unconscious heap in the middle of the room!

"Grian? There's still a man on the ground." I said into his shoulder.

He shot up as my words registered and began to poke around the knocked out hunter. He pulled the knife out from his hand and started walking to the door before stopping and turning back to me.

"I'm going to get Scott from downstairs to help me drag this guy out of here." He said giving me a soft smile. I gave him a small nod in return and he was off down the stairs. I think we were both mentally exhausted at this point, I assume that it's not safe to stay here anymore and since we're flying anyways, maybe I can convince Grian to leave by the end of the day.

-Scott's POV-

A lot of stomping and an ear shrieking scream were heard upstairs. What could possibly be happening now? I thought to myself while rushing to the base of the stairs. I got about halfway up when I tripped on a creaky board.

"Damnit." I muttered under my breath, I'd landed on my back but luckily it wasn't too bad of a fall and I felt alright. I laid there in shock for a second before getting up and walking back up the stairs meeting a rather tousled looking Grian back at halfway.

"Scott! One of those hunters saw you put me in the closet and climbed in through y/n's window upstairs! I have him knocked out but he threatened her with a knife and I don't think he's going to stay unconscious much longer." He said, sounding extremely tired.

"What?!" I exclaimed. He motioned for me to follow him back up and as I entered the room, I noticed a very shaken up y/n sitting in bed hugging her arms to herself in a very timid position. Which was understandable, as I noticed the large man right in the middle of the room, a small amount of blood in his hairline and completely out cold. I immediately grabbed an arm and motioned for Grian to grab the other.

"He can't stay in here any longer, like you said, he could wake up at any minute." I said, straining at the weight I was trying to lift. Grian walked up and grabbed the man's other arm and we began to drag him downstairs.

-Grian's POV-

Scott and I were struggling to carry the hunter downstairs but eventually with a lot of work we got him to the side door and put him in the same alley Scott had brought me down the other day.

"He's just going to come back even more pissed off that I konked him on the head if we leave him there!" I said as we walked back into the inn.

"I have a contact that could take care of him." Scott said, walking towards the front desk to pull out his communicator.

"We're not getting him killed Scott! We can't stoop down to his level!" I exclaimed, shocked that my friend would do such a thing.

"I didn't mean a hitman Grian! I mean someone who would take him far away, no questions asked. You really need to have to faith in me!" Scott said, with a teasing gasp of offense. I agreed at the idea and left Scott to call his contact. In the meantime I'll maybe cuddle with y/n some more, only for the comfort though, definitely not just cause I want to.