Part 10

Real quick Author's Note, (y/h/c) is like blonde, brunette, ginger, pinkette, etc.

-Grian's POV-

I was sitting on a chair opposite of the couch in the lobby. The couch that y/n was resting on, looking so peaceful, when Scott walked through a dark side door and rather ominously gestured for me to follow him. Quite odd, but the man's always slightly unintentionally frightening; so naturally, I followed him leaving the sleeping (y/h/c). Looking throughout the dark room I'd been led into, I didn't see where my friend had gone and the only clue was the slightest light peeking through a crack in the assumedly, previously opened door.

"Scott? What kind of shenanigan is this? Are we going to start more prank wars?" I said peeping my head out the door in an effort to see the mischievous man. I let out a lighthearted chuckle when I again, saw him motioning me around a corner. I finally caught up to him when he stopped in front of a quaint store. I hadn't seen this place before, but then again, it had been years since I'd visited so that's to be expected.

"Have you not seen one of these?" Scott whispered, with a hint of anger in his voice.

I was slightly confused why he was seemingly upset until I realized that he was pointing at a slightly torn and tattered poster messily nailed up on the wall.

"Wanted. Blonde Avian boy. He is dangerous and armed, so don't hesitate to attack, or to retrieve the hunter's helpline." I read out loud to myself. Dangerous? I'd never hurt a fly outside of self defense! It must have been something they thought of to get others to turn me in faster.

"Why did you come back? They're going to find you here!" Scott spat out as I took a minute to take in the information.

"They really made me look like a baby in that drawing, they could've made a more recent one, dont'cha think?" I said, trying to offset the genuine fear I was feeling.

"Grian! Stop being egotistical and think about what's going to happen if someone spots you here and turns you in!" Scott whisper shouted. I doubt anyone could hear us over the busy sounds of carriages and bargaining, but it was probably best to stay quiet.

"Fine! But I can't leave right away! y/n's knee needs another two days to be able to get going, you said it yourself!" I countered.

"That's true." He said, followed by a long thoughtful pause. Till he finally opened his mouth to speak. "Well you should probably stay for her safety, but I swear, if you leave that inn without some sort of disguise I will make you leave and send her back with a paid guide."

"Well we certainly wouldn't want that, would we Scott." I said, reassured that he had said there was a way to stay; and with that, we both headed to the creepy side door to catch up as friends.

-y/n's POV-

I woke up on the couch sore in my limbs and a particularly harsh pain in my knee. I winced as memories of earlier came back to me. Wait? when was earlier? I had no idea how much time has passed. I brushed that off as I heard hushed chatting in a room nearby. Laying down had made me painstakingly stiff so I decided to try get up, I still have one good leg so I can hop along right?

WRONG. As soon as I made it off the couch my foot got caught under a raised section of the rug in the middle of the room. A loud thud could be heard echoing through the inn. Right away the sound of footsteps approached me and I opened my eyes to see Grian standing over me, evident worry on his face.

"y/n! Why did you try to get up? What hurts?" He asked franticly.

"I was just so stiff from laying on that old couch that I had to get off of it, I promise nothing hurts, it was a small fall." I explained to my worried friend. Friend... Hm the more and more time we spend together, I'm beginning to want to call him more, especially now, when he's so gentle and caring. It makes me feel really truly appreciated.

My thoughts were interrupted by Grian declaring. "Alright let's get you to bed then, it should be more comfortable than that couch." And that's what he did, once again scooping me into his arms off the ground and carrying me up the stairs.

-Teensy Weensy time skip-

-y/n's POV-

Grian gently placed me on a soft, hotel-typical bed. This would be so much better than the couch. Sitting there for a second I realized the Avian was still sitting on the bed, looking into space with a furrowed brow.

"Grian? Is everything alright?" I asked.

He quickly snapped out of it and began to speak, "So Scott made light to me a pretty pressing issue."

"And?" I replied, slightly concerned about the health of my knee now. Would I be able to continue my journey? Returning home so soon would be horrible! The amount of amazing places I've seen in 4 days from the air is unimaginable!

Grian started talking again, in a low voice, almost as if he didn't want someone to hear. "Scott showed me a wanted poster, of me. Mind you, a very young version of me, but that's not important right now."

A wanted poster? That's certainly not anything to do with a knee! What could this sweet man have done to deserve being hunted? Oh, wait, the Avian thing... "Is everything going to be okay? Do you have to go?" I asked, panicked at the thought of those hunters that shot him down from the sky coming to finish the job.

"We are going to stay here just until your knee gets better. I'll wear a disguise or cloak if I have to leave the inn, but we have to stay pretty low profile." He replayed Scott's instructions to me and I nodded in agreement.

"Alright then, I'm going to try get some rest, I'm blummin' exhausted. My room's right next to yours, so knock on the wall if you need anything, alright?" He said, standing up to leave.

"Wait!" I reached out to stop him from leaving and caught only his pinkie finger, however I quickly released it at the realization of how suggestive that probably sounded. I messed around in my head at super speed to try find quick words to use so this wouldn't sound weird.

"Can you stay? I would be really scared that you'll get found here in your sleep, if you're right beside me, I'll at least hear if anything's up." I said to him. His lips upturned to a soft smile and he nodded in agreement.

"If it makes you feel better, than I'll stay." He replied, already getting into the bed beside me.

"Goodnight." I whispered, and almost immediately I heard his soft sounds of sleep.

-A/N-

Guys so sorry this took so long, I was hit with like the most train wreck of flu known to man, but I'm writing through the last bit of the sickness lol

1175 Words