Part 18

-Very violence heavy chapter-

-Grian's POV-

Everything went just as well as I hoped! Almost the best possible outcome, (The best being that I ended up with a girlfriend, but that didn't happen unfortunately.) y/n looked so happy, skipping along, hair bouncing along with her, that ongoing cheeriness was what made me fall so hard in the first place. 

"Grian! Look! Aren't the lights just angelic?" She exclaimed from beside me, excitedly pointing towards a sure enough, angelic sight.

I gasped slightly, to join in the excitement, "You're right! It's a magical sight!" I replied, smiling gently at y/n, who was still beaming.

We continued on our way, making quips and asking questions to the other about what we thought we would see when we arrived, even though I could answer all the questions and she was just speculating.

"Now, I've been to this festival many times before." I said, changing the tone to more serious. "Hunters don't usually come 'round this place, but this is the one exception..." I continued.

"Why's that?" y/n asked curiously.

I let out a sigh before answering the question, "usually this town is full of 'low value' hybrids, thus they don't really care enough to capture them to sell. However, a variety of more 'valuable' hybrids travel from far hideouts to join the festivities." 

I didn't have to explain why that's bad, y/n realized and looked rather somber.

"I can't believe people buy and sell these people like they're animals, what on earth could they want with them? I know people were scared of your peoples wings, but what about other harmless hybrids?"  She said, obviously meaning no harm, but I still winced a bit at the mention of what happened to my flock. 

"Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't mean to bring that up so casually." She immediately said after realizing the reaction. 

"It's alright, it happens. Men want power right? Well think how they feel when other humans like them have attributes or powers that they don't? Jealousy is the main incentive, though they will never admit it. They all just say that hybrids are dangerous." I replied, taking such a long time to explain that we ended up at the gates of the town. 

"Well maybe there's a way to make them see that it's wrong? Perhaps if they talked to someone influential?" She replied, still talking as we walked through the cobbled, outer streets. 

"It's already been attempted, however I'm glad that you want to think of ways to help, maybe some day we could work together to fix things." I said, while looking towards a dark alley warily. 

"Let's put aside this unfortunate topic for the night hm? look that way!" I proposed, lightly turning her chin from where it was, looking at me, to the town square, lit up and lively. Her eyes widened and I could barely get a word out before she ran off towards a stall selling cardboard children's tiaras with stars on top. 

y/n's body quickly disappeared behind a moving crowd. As I was dodging and weaving trying to get through the waves of people, she popped up out of nowhere holding two of those same cardboard tiaras.

"Before you protest, this is the only thing I'll ask of you tonight, so you better say yes." She said, putting one of the tiaras on my head. I let out a noise in protest before I was met with the over dramatized pout lip of a pouting y/n. "Fine, but only cause you want me to." I said, jokingly huffing while adjusting the topper on my head.