Part 20

-The above photo is some of my art, that's how I imagine Jimmy to look in this story-

-y/n's POV-

"Eat." A smaller, less extravagant watcher said, shoving a plate of mush under the bars of the jail cell.

"Why would I? For all I know, it could be poisoned!" I scoffed, turning my head away from my captor. 

I heard a bit of a poof  behind me and turned my head to see what was happening. The former scary purple figure had morphed into a normal looking man aside from the beautiful bright yellow wings on his back and other small ones in place of his ears. He had sandy blonde hair, fair skin, and was wearing a pair of blue jeans, a white t-shirt and a sky blue collared overshirt.

"How are you a person now?" I asked, slightly cautious at the new face. 

"I'm not a full watcher anymore" He said, with a serious look on his face.

"Well why are you here then?" I continued.

"They won't let me leave. and believe me, if I could get both of us out of here, I would." The man said, tears growing in his eyes.

He genuinely looked upset so I decided to trust him, he probably knows his way around here so he could help me escape!

As we were sitting there wallowing in our own self pity at our situations, a loud clang was heard down the hall of the prison. The man changed back to watcher form as quickly as he had transformed in the first place.

A larger, more ominous watcher walked up to the cell, eyes blazing with purple flames.

"Watcher 13, what are you doing associating with the prisoner?" The other Watcher said angrily, purple flames growing bigger with every word.

"Just feeding her, you can't get information out of the human if she's dying of hunger." My... friend? explained, obviously nervously fidgeting.

"Get. Out." The scary one said, with a commanding voice, pointing down the hallway with one side of large wings.

The smaller Watcher hurried off at the order, leaving me in the room alone with the frightening figure, only the wall of bars to separate us, although judging by how they can seemingly do anything, they could probably just phase through the iron barrier.

"Human, if you want to stay alive, you must do as we say. We just want to know exactly how you found out about the Watchers."

I rolled my eyes and opened my mouth to speak but was met with a vision instead, Grian was kneeling on the ground, colourful feathers surrounding him on the ground. He seemed to be bleeding and crying. 

"What did you do to him!" I cried out, grabbing the collar of the Watcher's robe through the gaps in the bars. I was only met with a burning sensation on my hands, I stumbled back, hissing at the pain.

"I wouldn't recommend touching us." They said, with a little chuckle, but the fire in Their eyes burning brighter than ever. 

"You asshole! What did you do to Grian!" I yelled again, cradling my burnt hands, tears streaking my face.

"So Xelqua is alive. You see, I figured it was Them, but I think They deserve a little bit of a punishment for breaking our agreement don't you think?" They said, pacing back and forth in front of the barred cell. 

"What agreement?" I asked curiously, still a cautious distance between me and the Watcher.

"When Xelqua left, we made an agreement that They could go unharmed as long as they never spoke of us to another soul. It looks like they broke that though." They replied, sounding irritated at having to explain everything.