Part 16

-Grian's POV-

When I was young, before I came to Phil, I was alone and homeless. The Watchers, magical god-like beings, took me in, luring me in with promises of security and power in a time where I was completely powerless. 

The Watchers were extremely tall, cloaked, human like beings. They had many eyes and large purple wings. As one of them, they obviously wanted to make me exactly like them, and so, modification processes began. It started with the sigil, a purple mark on my wrist, all Watcher's magic flowed from that one concentrated section. As the transformation continued, they altered my mind, disallowing any dreams, good or bad. Eventually, I began to feel uneasy about my new position, the Watchers were anything but what they claimed to be. They took from the weak, messed with others for their own entertainment, and were overall sick beings. Knowing I had to escape, I waited for them to be occupied watching one of their awful death games. In the past while I had been practicing using my magic so, not without some difficulty, I made a portal back to the overworld from the void and began to make a new life. Around then I had went to Phil, he's one of the only ones who knows about this past other than Pearl. Pearl had a similar story but without the running from them. She still practices magic and reports back to the Watchers often, whereas when I ran away all magical powers were stripped from me. I still had the sigil, and the mind modifications will never leave, but I'm relatively free now, if you ignore the fact that I'm on the run from hybrid hunters.

 Being a Watcher, I'm not supposed to have nightmares, yet, I woke up on the Pearl's couch, drenched in sweat and panicked. I couldn't remember much from the dream, but knowing that nightmares only happen as predictions, it certainly wasn't good. 

Getting up from the couch, I walked towards where I heard talking. It sounded like it was coming from the crystal ball room! That's probably not good, knowing your future is a grim thing. Knowing what's going to happen, not being able to avoid the inevitable but still daunted by your fate is extremely difficult. 

I pulled back the velvet curtain and sure enough, y/n was sitting across Pearl at the familiar round table. 

"Grian! Nice of you to join us! You've got some drool by your mouth by the way." Peal exclaimed, pointing to my face. I wiped my mouth, embarrassed. 

"Pearl! Just because I'm not here to stop you doesn't mean that you can take advantage of the fact that she doesn't fully understand what's happening here!" I said, irritation evident in my voice. 

"Oh I really don't mind! It seems fun!" y/n said, turning to look me in the eyes and smiling. That smile... I would do anything to see that smile every day.

"Grian is right, you should know, sometimes knowing your future can be a negative thing. You should be aware of the potential outcome." Pearl said with a huff, obviously annoyed that I crushed her little party. This was the Watcher in her speaking so I can't hold it against her really.

"I understand, I would still like to continue though." She replied with a slight nod of the head.

"Lovely" Pearl said, with a smirk.

-y/n's POV-

Pearl began swirling her hands around the crystal ball and a purple smoke began to show itself inside. She peered down through the glass, she seemed highly concentrated on what she was doing and was mumbling little "mhm's"