Part 12

-y/n's POV-

I had been laying on my bed just soaking in the euphoria I was feeling from the previous events when I heard a loud commotion, Lizzie came running into the room and shut the door behind her. Panting she anxiously looked around and ran to the other side of the room to quickly shut the long velvet curtains in front of the windows. 

"Lizzie what's happening?" I asked the small frantic girl who was now sitting on my bed looking extremely scared.

"Hunters! They came into the inn and Scott told me to make sure they don't come in here, they don't take too well to visitors." She finally was able to say despite all the huffing and puffing from running. 

"Where's Grian!? Is he alright? Lizzie I swear if something happened to him I don't know what I'd do!" I said, tears already coming to my eyes at the thought of losing my now best friend. Her eyes widened at the realization that I was so distraught.

"He's alright, Scott's down there, he shoved him in a closet and he'll try stall them so they don't look around. Scott's got this, don't worry." She said comfortingly, and we stayed up there waiting for any kind of signal to be able to check on the two men downstairs. 

-A/N- Kinda obvious but next paragraphs are happening during the part you just read.

-Grian's POV-

Freshly showered and changed into clean clothes after the fiasco that was stable cleaning, I walked into the lobby to see Scott sitting behind the counter talking to a guest. He was always good at pleasantries with strangers, it's what makes him a good business owner. After he said a quick goodbye the stranger walked upstairs, bumping into my shoulder in the process.

"Excuse you?" I said quietly after he had passed.

"Sorry 'bout that, people have definitely gotten more rude since your time here." Scott apologized for the mans behaviour. Right then we heard a commotion outside the front door, Scotts face changed to one of fear and quickly pushed me roughly into a supply closet close by. I wasn't sure what exactly it was but I had my suspicions. 

"What can I do for you gentleman?" I heard Scott say in a fake friendly tone. 

"We came to check in on things, there we rumours of you hanging around the marketplace yesterday with a sketchy character, are they true?" A gruff voice said quite bluntly. "Probably  hunters," I thought to myself.

I tried my best to try listen to the rest of the conversation but it was difficult as everyone started speaking over each other, from what I gathered, they believed that Scott wasn't doing anything shady and I heard the men leave. Scott opened the closet door a moment later and I fell out right onto my face since I'd been leaning against it trying to listen.

"Phew that was way too close, but I think we're under the radar for now." Scott said, his forehead drenched in nervous sweat. 

I let out a sigh of relief but quickly lost my sense of security when I heard y/n scream upstairs. I ran as fast as I could to see what was happening and to help her. As I got to the door of her room my fears were worsened, one of the men who I assumed was downstairs before was somehow up here and holding a knife to the girls throat. How dare he touch her, she's to me, a delicate symbol of innocence and loveliness, not to be touched by the evils of the world. Yet here he was, threatening her.

"Let. her. go." I said with a snarl. y/n's eyes widened in a plea for help.

"I'm afraid I can't do that, I saw through your little friend's act, I saw him shove you in that closet from the outside window." He growled back. "However, the girl goes free if you're willing to give yourself up." He said, a sadistic smirk appearing on his scarred lips.

I have to do this, I can't let her get hurt, her safety is a million times more important than mine. I took a step towards the man holding my hands in the air in surrender. The man smiled at me seemingly giving up and threw y/n across the room, she slammed into the wall with a thud and a shriek. 

"No! You weren't going to hurt her!" I exclaimed. The large man just grinned and lunged his arms forward to try grab me, I thrust my wings backwards, the force carrying me out of reach. Sounds of frustration came from the hunter's mouth as I ducked and dodged out of his way. Eventually ending up behind him, I swiftly picked up a wooden chair and cracked it over his head before he could turn around. "Thud" He fell to the floor unconscious.

I immediately rushed to the floor next to y/n who was sitting against the wall in shock, I was more focused on her knee though, surely a throw like that would have made it worse? 

"y/n, where was Lizzie? I thought she was supposed to be up here with you?" I asked her, concern lacing my tone. 

"Lizzie went to go ask Scott what happened, I had no idea he was going to climb through my window!" She answered, holding her head.

"Does your head hurt?" I inquired. She nodded her head and winced at the movement.

"It's probably shaken up from that, what about your knee?" 

"No, my knee is alright, luckily it didn't hit anything too hard when I hit the ground." She replied. "Grian, I was really scared, thank you for saving me, And thank you for not letting him take you. I wouldn't know what to do without you now." She said, voice shaky. At this point, her eyes were filling up with tears, so I wrapped myself around her as she cuddled into my chest lightly crying. Us both sitting on the floor in each other's arms, I, myself was beginning to get emotional as well. She was right there in front of me, almost in the reaches of death. If I had done anything differently she wouldn't be here with me, I could have lost her. It was then that I realized the true extent of my feelings for her, she was the one for me. Realizing wasn't difficult, telling her and risking rejection was the hard part. I'll cross that bridge when I come to it, but for now, I was content resting on the floor holding her close.

-A/N-

A Grian centric chapter :D also fight scene is really short, I'm not really sure how to write them.

1110 Words