Part 17

-y/n's POV-

I settled into a plush arm chair as Pearl poured some water from a kettle into an unusually shaped mug. She walked over and handed it to me, along with a tea bag. I smiled in thanks before submerging the bag and setting it down.

"So Grian explained a little about how you two met, but he didn't tell me about you! What kind of things do you like to do?" I asked Pearl as she also sat down in a chair right across from me.

"Well I'm pretty sure you can tell, but I enjoy anything magic and to do with the mystics." She replied, gesturing to the shelves full of countless crystals and oddly shaped trinkets.

"That's about all I can tell you, however, I would love to know some more about you! It's not often that Grian shows up unannounced with a pretty girl like you!" She said, a smile lighting up her face.

"Pearl! I'm flattered! But I'm afraid I have my eyes set on someone else." I said with a little chuckle. Pearl laughed in reply,

"Oh do you? That wouldn't happen to be a certain feathered man I happen to know would it?" She inquired, smirking.

I blushed once again, I don't think I'll ever be able to stay my normal colour when Grian's brought up like that. I chuckled at myself silently.

"Maybeeee." I replied.

"Well y/n I can tell some stories about Grian when he was dumb teenager if you want! Some taunting material for later!" She said, brushing off the previous conversation.

I earnestly nodded, old stories are so much fun. 

-Meanwhile-

-Grian's POV-

Walking up to a flower store, I felt immediately overwhelmed with the smell. I've always had a pretty sensitive nose so  this is a little difficult for me but I just have to go in really fast, it's for y/n, I'll be alright. 

"Hello sir! Welcome to Shubble's garden!" A brunette in a floppy green hat exclaimed, rushing to the door as I walked inside. 

I stuck out my arm for a handshake and she gladly took it, shaking my hand extremely enthusiastically. 

"The name's Shubble! Who might you be? I know almost every hybrid in this whole town and I've never seen ya around!" She said, still shaking my hand.

"I'm just visiting! On a bit of a trip, I'm Grian, nice to meet you!" I replied, letting go of her hand as my arm was beginning to get progressively more tired.

"Well Grian! What can I get for you today?" She said with a smile, turning back to the flower arrangement she was previously making.

"I was hoping for something romantic but a little less basic then roses if you know what I mean." I replied. "Maybe something with bright colours, it reminds me of her personality, a light to everyone." I continued, with a dopy grin on my face.

"Woah, you are so down bad for whoever this is." She said, while cutting some thorns off of rose stems.

"Believe me, I've never acted like this before her, this is new to me." I said, slightly defensive about my previous over-shared comment.

"Well anyways, I think something that fits what you're looking for is some alstroemeria, or usually called Peruvian Lilies." She replied, pulling out some golden-yellow flowers with purple marks on the middle petals.