Part 7

-Grian's POV-

I woke up before y/n did this morning, my wings were not surprisingly, wrapped around her again. Phil had told me when I was learning about Avian customs and instincts that we wrap our wings around someone in a protective manner when we get anxious about their safety. I wasn't completely sure why I was subconsciously worried about y/n's safety but I figured maybe it's because I'm just not used to traveling with someone. 

After getting used to the light and laying in silence for a moment I carefully left the bed to walk down the stairs. Entering the kitchen I realized that Scar was already up and making breakfast, he hummed a little tune while flipping sizzling bacon with a fork. Scar had always enjoyed cooking, whenever I visited, he was so happy to cook for someone else. He often talked about his last dinner party with his other wood elf friends in the forest. Scar turned around and smiled, 

"Oh you're up! It's pretty early for you no?" Scar said. 

"Yeah, I guess I got hungry." I replied, mouth watering at the smell of the cooking food. 

Scar let out a chuckle and said, "well food will be done any minute now, y/n still sleeping?" 

I nodded and sat down at the table watching scar continue to cook. We heard a thump upstairs. 

"Well that doesn't sound good!" I exclaimed and jumped out of my seat to rush upstairs. I entered our shared guest room and y/n was on the ground just staring at the ceiling, giggling quietly. 

"y/n? What on earth are you doing?" I inquired at the weird scene happening before me. I heard Scar come up behind me and look on at the girl on the floor. 

"I just fell!" She said in between giggles. Scar started chuckling at the scene too, y/n got off of the floor slowly and said 

"Is breakfast ready? I'm starving!" Scar looked panicked and proceeded to rush down the stairs to check on the cooking food. We followed behind and Scar let out a relieved huff as the food wasn't burnt. He plated it and we dug in.

-y/n's POV-

I was eating breakfast at the table with Grian and Scar when I noticed that Scar kept eyeing the two of us, odd but I brushed it off. My suspicions were confirmed that he was watching the two of us interact when I went upstairs to pack my messenger bag and Grian came and sat down on the bed. He let me know that we would leave in around half and hour, but I noticed Scar poking his head slightly past the door frame. Grian noticed the not so sneaky spying attempt as well and he looked just as confused as I was. I just continued gathering up my things while Grian made his way out of the door assumedly to ask what was up with Scar.

-Grian's POV-

"Scar!" I called down the hallway, he had rushed away as soon as he saw me approach the door. 

"Yeah?" He said popping out from behind the corner. 

"What the fuck was that? Why were you watching us through the door?" 

"I just wanted to see if she liked you back Grian!" He replied. 

"You're going to freak her out! Watching people isn't a normal thing to do!" I exclaimed with a worried tone. The last thing I want is for her to get freaked out by my intrusive friend. 

"Fine I won't spy, I didn't even get to see any clues!" He sadly replied. 

"Good! I don't need you getting anymore ideas about me asking her out. Alright?" 

"Alright." He grumbled back. With that, I turned on my heels and walked back to our guest room.

-y/n's POV-

"y/n!" Grian called from the hallway, "It's time to go!" He entered the room just as I grabbed my bag and walked to the door, resulting in me bumping into his chest and becoming a blushing mess as I apologized and we walked down to the door together. Scar stood there and while I was curious about the fact that he was just spying on me a minute ago, I resisted asking about it and walked up to him and gave him a hug. 

"Thank you so much for letting us stay here, it was really enjoyable." I said. I pulled away and Grian ran into the tall wood elf. He wrapped his arms around his friend and whispered a goodbye while I mentally prepared myself for the takeoff ahead of me. Grian pulled away from Scar and took the leather harness from the shelf by the door, leading me outside he started to fasten us together again, my heart beating at the closeness. 

"You ready?" He asked, looking down into my eyes, his own had small tears in them. 

"Yeah let's get going." I replied, and his wings brought us into the sky once again.

-A/N- I took a little break hehe but this is kinda a filler chapter idk

836 words