CHAPTER-1

POV: GLADISH ROSENS

I opened my eyes from sleep with a smile. I reached out to pick up my phone and checked the time. It was six in the morning. Guess I woke up earlier. I usually wake up at 6:45. As I'm already up, I don't feel like sleeping anymore.

I made my way to the bathroom and brushed my teeth, washed my face and did my skincare. I love skincare just because it feels good. I have a brown skin tone. I'm fully aware that I'm not that pretty and I'm not even bothered about it. Well, I finished morning routine and got ready for school by 8. I still have an hour before my bus but I rushed out anyways. Well my parents are not the type to kiss you bye and wave at you when you're leaving for school. I'm used to it.

I called out to my brother, Bennett "I'm leaving early, Ben. Get to school on your own." "See you at school, Glad", he shouted back. He is one of the person I love the most. I left for school. I plugged my airpodes and played random songs. I am always in my own world once the music starts. I started walking.

Actually, I have a secret location, so I'm not going to the bus stop. It's a library. Not the ones with books on knowledge, but rather a library full of romance novels, just the way I want it. The location is so old that there are moments when I think the library was constructed during the BC era. However, I adore it. the pleasant atmosphere and aroma of books. Actually, Mary and I are the only ones who visit. She takes care of the library and me in the same manner that a grandmother would. I adore her a great deal. I also have an extra key to the library since she does, too. She really does trust me, even if it's against the law to give it to someone.

To go to my favorite spot, I walked. Suddenly, I heard the loud sound of a bike while I was walking on the right side. I was just staring at death as it went past me. The driver stared at me, and I looked back at him. All I could see were his eyes. his ebony eyes. Those had an odd beauty to them. Something felt familiar to me. I felt shivers down my spine. All of these things occurred in an instant. And in an instant, he was gone, speeding up his bike.

I continued my walk to the library. No one is there as usual. I used the key and opened the door. There's another reason for why Mary gave me this key. I have this habit of cleaning to clear my mind so whenever I feel like it, I just come here and clean this place. So it's a help for her. I walked to the familiar corner. No one will come here. So I set up a place for myself. I have a small mattress, a pillow and a quilt in this corner with a golden colour lantern floating right above my head. I took off my shoes. I opened my bag and took out the book I was currently reading. 'Twisted Love' by Ana Huang. I'm only half way through this book and I'm already loving it. And Ana is my favourite author now. I got to the mattress and  leaned against the pillow. I checked time. It was 8:17. So it means I still have some time. I started reading.

I read with such focus all the time. When I read, I rarely think about anything, but today my mind kept wandering and it ended up thinking about a certain pair of dark eyes. The comfort. The sensation I had when I looked into his eyes. I'm not sure what that emotion was. However, I find it bothersome. Though I know I can't, I wish I could talk to him. I let out a deep sigh.

I continued reading but thanks to my thoughts of a particular pair of eyes, I ran late. It is 9:13. My school starts at 9:40. I ran as fast I can to the bus stop. I leaned against the wall and took a deep breathe. I was literally panting like a dog. Now that I noticed my bag feels light. I opened my bag and "Shit. I forgot to take my lunch." I murmured to myself. I heard the sound of the horn and found the last bus arriving. I got in the bus.

Thank goodness that I was just in time. I still have 5 minutes left till the last bell rings. I walked towards my class and found my brother waiting for me in the corridor.