CHAPTER-15

POV: JAYDEN CARTER
(Thank you to all my readers because we hit 1k readers. I'm so happy and grateful. Special thanks to the people who votes for the book and to those who add my story to their reading list)

I don't remember anything except I felt so cold and pulled some blankets above me as I passed out on the bed. After what felt like a lifetime, a cold sensation filled my bones. A wetness was felt on my forehead. It was soothing. I opened my eyes to find Gladish holding my hand and looking at me with her big eyes. It was a nice dream because there's no way she will come to me. I took in that sight and kept it safe in my brain before I shut down again.

I slept for so long but then the darkness started to haunt me again. The worst reason of why I can't sleep at night. It's this darkness. This fog. I am standing in this black fog. Disgusting smell fills my nose. I'm shivering and trembling. I need to get away but my legs feel like they are attached to ground. I can't move.

I looked around to find blood everywhere. I am inside a glass filled with black fog. I'm trapped. I need to escape. If this happened in reality I could have fought and won, but it's not it's inside my head, I can't do anything. I cannot overcome this glass. There's blood everywhere. It's slowly flowing towards me.

The blood reached my foot. I can't move my legs. It is creeping its way up to my entire body. My legs are covered with blood now. It is coming up to my upper body. So fast. I cannot fight this. I can't move. I feel numb and helpless. I wanted to shout but my throat feels dry.

The blood reached my neck. I'm shaking my head like if I stop, the blood will take over me and I'll perish away. The black fog is taking up my sight. I am going to vanish. This blood will take over me. I will disappear.

The blood stopped! I am hearing a faint voice for the first time in ever. Someone is calling my name. The blood stopped at the voice. That voice is sweet. I stopped trembling. The blood is going down. It's disappearing. The black fog is dissipating.

Something small and warm is attached to my body. My whole body feels slick and sweaty. I escaped the black fog. I never escaped before. The faint voice becoming more and more clear. The voice is chanting, 'it's okay, I'm here.' It's soothing. It's anchoring my soul. It's guiding me back to reality.

Before I can regain my sight completely, the comforting  scent of lavender filled my nostrils. Even if I'm dead, I will recognise this smell. It's her. My Gladish. My love. My Moon. I can hear her sobs. She is not hugging me, she is holding me. Anchoring me when nothing else can.

I relaxed my head on her shoulders. I came out of the rigidness. I said to myself 'Just once, I will be humane. I will be alright. Only once.' I hugged her back. She stiffened for a moment then I could feel her relax under my palm. My throat is too dry to even talk. But I tried forming words.

"Moon?" It came out but it sounds nothing like me.

She was taken aback. She pulled back and looked me in my eyes. Before another second, I pulled her back to my lap. Right now I need her. Everything else can wait. Even if I die right here, I'll be happy because now I have someone to hold me.

She did not wiggle in my hold. She is sitting on my lap. I wrapped my hands around her waist and tightened the hold. I put my head on her chest. Her heartbeat is fast but it's real. She is real. Hearing her heartbeat makes me think that nothing will take me away from her. It's assuring. Her one hand was on my back and other on the back of my head, ruffling my hair. The gesture is so soft but I need it. "Do you want anything? Water?" She spoke and I shook my head.