CHAPTER-18

POV: JAYDEN CARTER

I put my name in her emergency contact list. She didn't know that. If she long press the volume button, it'll automatically give me a call. I guess that's how her call reached me. I was nearby her aunt's house, I had something to deal with there but it was long overdue. Since she would be there, I decided to take care of my business there.

I attended her call when I heard a woman shouting a man named Xavier through the call, I thought it was an accident, I was about to hang up but then I heard a slap and accusing someone for seducing her husband. Then I heard Gladish's voice. She was accused.

When I realised that fact, I did not wait for another moment before I rush to where she was. I was furious to see my girl, had her head bowed. I know it's not because she is ashamed, it's because no one there deserved to see her face. Not even her parents defended her which surprised me but I was not dumb to waste our time in the middle of idiots. So I took her and set out from there. It's again surprising that no one questioned me when a man took a woman from their sight. Well what did I expect? That bastard and his bitch of a wife be better ready to pay for what they did to my woman.

Along with her, I sped up to the nearby beach. She needs some fresh air and I need some space or else I will return to that damn house and rip off the people who hurt her with my own bare hands. I parked my bike in the lot.

I got off the bike. I bent down and took off her heels. As far as I know she loves heels but there's nothing she hates more than wearing them. Afterwards I took my shoes off too. Standing straight I looked at her and extended my hand, she did not look at me but still took my hand. I helped her get down and we walked towards the sea hand in hand.

The sun almost disappeared into the ocean. The skies are painted orange. The sea breeze is gentle. I have my woman in my hands. Both of us hand in hand and bare footed in the sand at dawn. If it happened under different circumstance, I would have done many more things but now's not the correct time so I restrained myself. It was cold so I pulled her to my side. I took off my jacket and put it on her then held her hand again. Both of us spoke no words, just us comfortable in the silence between us.

She stopped walking and stared at the waves. Taking her hand from mine, she clutched my jacket with both her hands and pulled it closer like it is her only salvation. Maybe she's cold or she needs something to hold on to. For both, I'm here. I stepped behind her and wrapped my hands around her. I lowered my head and rested on her shoulder. Her scent invading all of my senses. I can hear her tiny sniffles. She did not try to get away from my hold. Because right now my touch is her anchor. I didn't speak a single word, I waited for her to talk. And she did.

"Jayden, I did not do it." She was half-sobbing.

"I know Moon." I tried to sound assuring. She leaned back into me. She let go of her body into my hands. I don't care what I am holding if she wants me to hold her, I'll even drop the world for her. She let out a sigh of relief. We stayed there for a long long time. The moon came up. The wind turned colder. Still I stood there holding her, anchoring her, waiting for her to decide the rest. After what felt like a lifetime, she spoke not breaking my hold.

"I want to go."

"Where?" I am not lying she just need to tell me where she want to be and we'll be going there.

But she did the unexpected, she turned around and looked me in my eyes. Then she wrapped her hands around my waist. "Home. I want to go home. And you're my home." She tightened her hold. My entire body stopped for a moment because of her subtle action. But I got a hold of myself and hugged her back. Pulling her as close as I can to me, I closed my eyes and let the moment take over me.

"Thank you, I don't know what I would have done without you. I need you Jayden." Fuck me. If she needs me, I'll die to satisfy her need. I am filled with a positive feeling when I got to know that as much as I need her, she needs me too. And that's the best thing ever. I mean ever.

"I need you too Moon." Her face was still dug in my chest.

"Why? Why do you need me? Why are you making me feel things I never felt and I don't want it to stop?" She sobbed.

I held her face in my palms and made her look at me. Her eyes were red because of holding back tears. Bits of her lipstick print on my tshirt. I looked in her eyes, "I don't know Moon and I never intended to. It just happened. Now I need you like oxygen. You are everywhere. Whenever I close my eyes, you are there. Your smell is intoxicating. Your touch left a print on me, my soul and heart. I didn't even knew I had a heart before you came along. You changed me Moon. You changed me for good."

The tears she tried so hard to hold back fell down her cheeks.  She swallowed. Not breaking the eye contact she said, "Kiss me caveman." That's all she needed to say before I leaned down and slammed my lips on hers.

I placed one of my hands on the back of her neck and with other one I held her by the waist and pulled her in. Her hands were still around me. She clutched my tshirt more tightly. She let me take the control because she trusts me with her. And I need nothing more than her trust.

She opened her lips giving me more access, I stuck my tongue inside her mouth. My tongue dangling with hers. She took one hand from around my waist and pulled me in by my hair. Both of us did not stop the kiss. We both breathed each other till we ran out of oxygen. I pulled back, she was panting. I held her face and touched my forehead with hers. She was still breathing heavily.

"Let's go home, okay?" I asked looking into her eyes. She just nodded. I took her in my arms and went to my bike. Like how we came here to the beach, I rode back to my house with her.

When we came home, she got down and went straight inside the house and into my room without sparing me a glance. By the time I entered my room, she changed her dress and was fast asleep in my bed with just my tshirt and her underwear on. Her makeup was still on. If she slept with her make up on, there's two possibilities: either she is damn tired or she trusts me with removing it. I choose to believe the second just because I can.

I walked up to my cupboard and took a box from there. Since last time when I had a nightmare and she came here, I bought every necessities for her. It gave me a hard time but I still managed to get all her skincare items. Even though she has told me her routine, I watched a fucking you tube video to learn how to use this shit. I walked up to her and did what she told me and what I learned from the video. After finishing up that, I stripped down and clothed myself in normal clothes and took my place beside her.

The moment I lied down on the bed, she turned towards me in sleep and snuggled closer. I took her in my arms and placed a kiss on the top of her head and slowly fell asleep with her in my arms. Here, she is safe. With me, no one will hurt her, I will allow no one to. If anyone dares to I'll fucking destroy them, even if it's me.