CHAPTER-22

POV: GLADISH ROSENS

I did not utter a single word on our journey from his house to mine. Maybe he knows that I am nervous and handled it carefully. I was holding onto him so tightly and whenever I take a deep breathe, he would just pat my hand which is on his torso. I feel immediately reassured.

I am standing in front of our door. I was anxious to knock or to use the doorbell. I looked back to see Jayden just behind me. He gave me a reassuring nod and with the courage having him around I knocked at the door.

Not even seconds later, my brother Ben opened the door. I couldn't even register things before he just pulled me into a hug. The familiarity sinking in. I have two people here for me. I don't even know when I considered Jayden as my people but here we are.

"I told dad and mom about your arrival. They're waiting for you in the living room along with that Alia and Xavier. Oli is also here because she was worried about you. And this man behind you is hot." He told me in a single breathe not breaking the hug."

I playfully hit his shoulder. Jayden and he just nodded at each other. Maybe a boys greeting thing I guess. I walked into the room with Ben and Jay behind me.

I saw my parents and the couple who looked at me like they're ready to devour me at any moment. "Sit," My dad commanded us. I looked at Jayden, he just nodded at me and that's all I needed at that moment.

Most of us are wrong, happiness is found in little moments often. I took the bit of courage and sat on the couch. The pair of couples against me. Jayden sat behind me, Liv and Ben on my right side. Liv gave a squeeze to my hand resting on my knee and gave me a reassuring nod.

War is declared. Now all we want is just the first move. Jayden leaned back and placed his one arm behind me on the couch . He sat with confidence like he owned the place. Having him around filled me with confidence.

"We have a lot to discuss." Dad cleared his throat and spoke. "But we intend to start with the issue with my daughter and Xavier." He was calm. "We already heard about Xavier's side. Now Gladish, speak up." He looked dead in my eye.

"I was listening to songs in my airpodes and this man pushed me against the wall and squeezed my back." I said it. Jayden's hand clenched behind me. Ben and Liv looks like they're ready to set Alia and Xavier on fire.

"No- Lia. It's not like tha-, she swayed her hips and pushed it against me. I was trying to get out of her hold." Xavier stated. He looked impatient.

"Were you? Then how did you end up behind me?" I asked him.

"What! It happened in the middle of the trouble of getting away." This guy is a trained liar.

"How so?"

"Why are you blaming me now? You have any evide--" Before he could finish the word evidence, Jayden opened his mobile and threw it on the table.

"Oh look at you. So young and dressing up slutty. Are you trying to get laid tonight?" "Oh this is a juicy ass."

Xavier's sound played from Jayden's mobile. I also leaned towards the table to take a look. Holy Fuck! He had a recording. I looked at him immediately. He was smirking at me. I smiled at him. I am so grateful to have him.

"How did you get this video?" I mouthed him.

"You think I'll let my girl face this alone? Absolutely no" He whispered against my ears and pecked my earlobe. It was a subtle moment but it was so much meaningful to me. Red covered my cheeks. Liv and Ben saw that. One was smirking and the latter was dumbfounded.

"How- how did you get this video?" Xavier spoke. Everyone's attention shifted to him.

"Why would you ask that? There was a camera there." Jayden replied.

"But I checked, it wasn't workin-" Xavier blurted out. His cover  blown off.

"You what?" Alia spoke for the first time.

"Speak the truth Xavier. There's no more running away now." Jayden commanded. "Or should I say it for you? I also have other evidences."

Xavier kept silence. Jayden stood up from beside me and took his mobile from the table. He did something in his mobile and placed it on the table, videos showing Xavier checking the CCTVs and him walking towards my direction while checking for people around us popped up on the screen one by one.

"This Xavier right here, made sure that the camera is not working and approached my Gladish. He was the one who tried to assault her." Jayden spoke with power.

"Sorry for hitting you back then Gladish. I'm sorry for what my husband did. If you want to move legally, you can proceed." Alia ran out of our house. Xavier followed her with his apologies and excuses.

Jayden's eyes found mine. My pupils locked by his. A tiny twitch on his lips and a full blown smile on my face. He is my anchor. I need him as much as he needs me.