CHAPTER-6

POV: JAYDEN CARTER

My Moon will definitely be the death of me and I meant it. Her boldness is really cute. How can she just throw her life away like that? I can't even handle my own and now I have to take care of this little fiery girl's life too. Not that I'm complaining.

As I said to her, I was following her. I could see her. Her blushing cheeks. They way her brown skin shone in the evening light. The way she smiled after seeing my messages. Fuck. I'm hard again.

I was keeping my distance from her and watching her from afar when a bastard started following her. He looked creepy enough to scare her. Not me. She is delicate and I'm not. If she entrusted her life to me, I'm the only one who can protect and ruin it.

I think she noticed him too because she took out her phone and was about to dial someone when I pulled the bastard who was following her by his collar and shut his mouth with my hand. I don't want any sounds to scare my Moon. I pushed him to the nearest alley.

"Who the fuck are you?" He hissed.

"What the fuck are you doing following her?" I questioned him.

"Whatever I do isn't your business you asshole." He is drunk. I can't even imagine what would have happened if I was not here. Even the thought of my Moon getting hurt is making my blood boil.

"Whatever you do isn't my business but if that includes the girl you were following, it is my fucking exclusive business." I looked for her to find that she already left my sight. I punched him in the face  till he passed out. I feel hungry now. I dropped the man there and went to my bike and drove to a restaurant nearby. I ordered a chicken sandwich. I don't feel like eating enough. My phone vibrated with a message. I opened it. There's only two contacts in my mobile saved with an emoji. It's mom and her.

My Moon🌕:
Oops. Sorry caveman. I got home some time ago. Forgot to text you :)

Jay:
I should really do something about your memory power.

My Moon🌕:
:)

Jay:
What's with this caveman?

My Moon🌕:
It is what Morana calls Tristan. It's cute. It's just like the way you call me moon.

Jay:
Tristan? Who's that?
(When she mentioned another man's name, I felt like I was burning. )

My Moon🌕:
The main character of the book 'The Predator'. One of my favourite. You kind of remind me of him. I really like him btw.

Jay:
Why would you like another man?
(Am I jealous? Of course not.)

My Moon🌕:
I'd rather like fictional men than real humans. It's me and my delusions against the world.

Jay:
It's a mental illness.
(How to kill a  fictional character? It's okay I claimed her first. But still...)

My Moon🌕:
If falling for fictional characters is a mental illness, I'll be more than happy to be a patient. And I'm not finding a cure. Well I gotta go. I'm sleepy. Umm....good night?

Jay:
If it was a good night, I'd be there with you.

My Moon🌕:
With all due respect, fuck you.
(I chuckled at her message.)

Jay:
I'll be down for that anytime. Sleep tight Moon.

She saw the message. She is a sleepyhead. Must have fallen asleep. I finished my sandwich and went for another ride. Dad is still the head of Hunters so I can just live my own life and handle minor issues. I've never been more thankful.

I ended up in front of her house again. I want to see her. Fuck it. Her room is the only room downstairs. I park my bike near the wall and climbed it. I saw golden lights from her room. I slowly walked up there and tried pulling the window. What a freaking coincidence! It is opened. I snuck in without making any noise.

And OH. MY. FUCKING. GOD.!!! She is sleeping with only a tshirt on. Her back is facing me. The tshirt barely covers her ass. Her tiny body is breakable, so delicate. My cock is begging for freedom in my pants. I walked up to her. A strand of is on her face. I slowly tucked it behind her ears. "Why are you so beautiful, Moon?" I whispered. I was about to go back when I noticed her journal. It was open. I read it....

'I have known Jayden only for two days. But when I felt someone following me, I only thought about him and was this close to dialing him. I don't know why I feel safe around him. Not to mention that he kidnapped Liv. But... He feels like home. I feel like I belong to him. I have a connection-'

I looked to the mirror in front of me and what the fuck! I caught myself smiling. JAYDEN CARTER SMILED. I don't remember the last time I smiled from my heart. Most of the time I smile in front of mom not to make her feel sad but this time! An unfinished journal made me smile!?
I'm obsessed with this little girl. I'm addicted to her. And I don't ever want to be fucking cured. I want her. I need her. I need her as much as I need oxygen.