CHAPTER-10

POV: GLADISH ROSENS

Jayden dropped me at school yesterday. I shared a part of mine with him that I haven't let anyone saw. I struggle with parent issues. Not just mommy or daddy.... parental issues. Sounds complicated, right?

I love my parents and they do too but would they still like me if I was nothing? I used to be academically smart student in my childhood. Always straight As and topper of the class. I don't know what is the reason but my memory power is slowly fading. I cannot understand things taught in my class.

My parents still think of me as an extraordinary student, but little do they know that right now I'm just an average student. Yes I do want to make a comeback but I have no consistency. I fail on routines. I cannot keep up anything.

And I always wonder if they really saw me under the covers, a weak and fragile girl, an average student and fake smile, would they still love me? Would they still consider me their daughter? Will they be proud of me?

That's all the reasons I wish to be weak. I desire to be taken care of and pampered. As I said, I truly wish to be weak without feeling guilty. Will someone even accept me if I was weak? Everyone sees a confident, quick to solve problems and brightest girl. But will I ever be needed by someone when I am weak? Will someone need me for me? Lots of thoughts were haunting my mind. I shook off my thoughts.

I was in school and this is the last period of the day. Jayden hasn't texted me or even followed me like a creep since yesterday. And what amazes me is that I miss him. I miss the feeling of safety when I know he's following me. I miss his replies when I send him the most random messages. Like the picture of the sky, my coffee, a kitten I saw on the road. He replies as if he feels what I feel.

I sighed. The class went by like that. The last bell rang. I walked up to Liv.

"Hey Liv, any plans for today?"

"Oopsies. I think I have a date."

"Oh that's great Liv."

"Oh shit I'm already late. Bye Addie." She kissed my cheeks and walked towards the exit.

"Text me about the date." I shouted from behind her. She gave me a thumbs up.

I was walking when someone joined me. I turned my head to see Noah. A boy in my class. He is quite handsome and I talked with him once or twice. I don't remember clearly.

"Hi, Gladish." He sounded really awkward.

"Hi Noah. Wassup." I tried to sound happy but deep down I miss my caveman. I gave him that name because he resembled Tristan Caine so much. And yes he acts so dominant but according to what I learned from books these kind of men are just softies.

"Umm... I just wanted to ask if you are free this Thursday."

"This Thursday? Don't we have school?" I sounded absolutely dumb.

"Didn't you listen when teacher made the announcement? It's a school leave."

"Oh is it? I wasn't really paying attention."

"So if you're free this-

"No, she's not free." A sound came up from the corner. I don't need to take a look to understand who is that. My caveman. He suddenly walked up to me and put his hand around me shoulder. I liked that subtle act but I wriggled like I didn't like it because I have goddamn ego. He looks like he wants to murder Noah. "She's not free, we have a date on Thursday."

I was shocked on his sudden announcement. How come I didn't know about the date I was involved in? I looked at him. He looked down at me. "Right, Moon?"