CHAPTER-28

POV: GLADISH ROSENS

I don't remember anything else other than falling asleep in Jayden's arms. It was comfortable, more in a strange way. Too dangerous. How I feel safe with this man.

The alarm rang three times but I didn't wanna wake up. But when it rang for the fourth time, I opened my eyes to see Jayden looking down at me. It was always like this, he would wake up before me and watch me sleep. I'm a hundred percent sure that I sleep like someone who's been murdered by a bull or ran over by a train but he doesn't seem to mind.

"Good morning baby." He tucked a strand of hair from my face.

"Good morning caveman." I tried to put one leg over him "Aahhh..." I moaned. I'm fucking sore. I looked at him and he is genuinely enjoying all this. "You asshole. How am I going to get up and face my parents now? I bet this will have a hangover for a whole day." I complained.

"Well that's my birthday gift baby. And don't pout like this, it makes me wanna do it all over again so that I could see you pout again." He cupped my cheeks with a single hand.

"I hate you." I shoved his hand.

"Now should we contin-"

*knock*

"Gladish, are you still asleep?" Oh God. I forgot that I'm in my house. Shit. My brother is right outside my room and I'm in here cuddling with a man.

"Jayden, get out now." I whisper yelled, trying to sit up while manipulating myself to forget about the soreness between my legs.

"Why? It's not like they don't know me." He hissed.

"Get. Out. Now." I pushed him all the way towards the window.

"I'll miss you baby." He's making the cute face. God! No. Not now.

"I'll miss you too. Now go and don't tempt me." I kissed him on his lips and pushed him outside and shut the windows.

I checked myself in the mirror. Yup. Looking alright. I waltzed to the door and opened it. The second I unlocked the door. My brother bursted in and envelopping me in a hug. "Happy Birthday Glad. I wish you can have a happy year ahead and  keep on covering for me. And you're an adult now, more responsibilities and sufferings." He laughed accompanied by me too. "Thank you kiddo." I hugged him back. He was the one to break the hug.

"He was here, wasn't he?" My brother smirked. That's when I noticed all the gifts bought by him in my table. Shit.

"The gifts gave me away?" I sighed.

"No. You smell like male cologne. And I'm not dumb. I get that it's him."

"Fuck."

"The whole situation is a 'fuck.'" he smiled mockingly.

After a small chit chat, he went back to his room and I decided to get ready for school. Just because it's my birthday doesn't mean I can skip school. So I took my sweet time to get ready, making sure I look a bit different than other days.

When I reached the dining table, all of my family members were already there. I took a seat next to Ben. They don't seem to remember that it's my birthday today. Well what did I expect? I sighed and digged in. My brother nudged me with his elbow, I just shook my head signalling him not to spew out anything.

"What's going on with you two?" My dad noticed our gestures.

"That's what I want to ask. What's going on with you two? Are you so busy that you forgot about your own daughter's birthday?" Ben is getting more and more bold each day. Teenage rebellious phase? I think so.

Both my parents' face snapped up. They looked at me. I saw a hint of remorse is mom's eyes and guilt in dad's. It was so subtle that if I didn't concentrate, I wouldn't have noticed it.

Dad cleared his throat. "Umm... Happy Birthday." He said like it was forced out of his chest. Not even a little bit of emotion.

"Happy Birthday Glad." Mom wished me exactly like dad. It's always been like this, my parents did everything because it was their 'responsibilty', not out of parental love. I am quite used to it.

"Thank you mom and dad."  I continued to eat my food. I sneaked a peek at Ben and he's pretty much furious.

Ben and me left for school. And we parted ways as usual. The moment I entered my classroom, someone launched at me. When that person crashed into me, I knew it was Olivia. "Happy Birthday Bestiee." Liv called out.

She broke the hug but still held my shoulders. "Thank you bestie." I thanked her. I kissed her cheek. She's not that good with physical touch but if it's me she's okay.

"How is your day?" She asked me while we walked to our seat.

"Nothing special. My parents forgot my birthday, Ben got pretty angry at them."

"That's okay hun. You have me." She patted me on my shoulder. "So? What did Jayden do?" She smirked.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh come on. We both know that he's crazy for you and he wouldn't dare to miss your birthday." She's interrogating me.

"He came to my house at midnight and wished me happy birthday. He got me a lot of gifts Liv. It's definitely too much."

"That's great, isn't it? You have someone who makes you his first choice." She said and I nodded. "That's not all, right?" Her face showed a shit eating grin.

"Urgh. How do you know everything?" I wonder if she reads my mind or something. She laughs out.

"I just do. Bestie instincts babe." She winked at me.

"Well, we got a bit physical."

"Physical? As in you guys fucked-?"

"Gosh. No." I covered her mouth. "Don't shout."

"Then tell me." She removed my hands.

"It was just oral." I am sure I'm blushing like a fool. But it's her so it doesn't matter.

"My daughter is grown up." She dramatically wiped off her imaginary tears.

She didn't stop teasing me about it. She prepared a hoodie as my birthday gift. Sounds cute but the irony is that her photo is printed in the hoodie with a caption 'if lost, please return to my bestfriend.' She also bought the same hoodie with a picture of me and it says 'I'm bestfriend.' Typical Liv. The rest of the day passed by. Jayden picked me up from school. We went on an ice cream date then he dropped me home. This is my favourite birthday. Ever.

Dear reader,
Thank you for your valuable support. My book has been received some attention recently and I'm so thankful to everyone engaging in my book. Keep reading. Please be honoured to share your opinions.
Love,
Isabel