10.

[Ishna's POV]

As soon as we arrived at the house, Ishan ran inside and upstairs to his room making me frown. Meanwhile others sat in the living room. Ignoring them, I followed Ishan upstairs.

"Ishu, what happened? Why are you so quiet today?" I asked, as he was sitting on his study table. "Nothing di, I'm fine." He gave me his forced smile. "You know you can't lie to me. What happened?" I asked, again.

"Nothing, di. I swear." He said and I turn his face towards me and that's when I noticed something like fading handprint on his cheeks and my eyes widen. "Who did this?" I asked in my no nonsense tone.

"No one di, I told you it's nothing! Leave it." He said jerking my hand off and I make him face me again. "I asked, who Ishan?" "Di please--" "Who?!" I asked and he sighed. "Mrs. Suryavanshi." And I stormed out of his room followed by him.

"Di, stop please! Di, please yrr di!" But I'm not going to listen to him today. "Mrs. Suryavanshi, how dare you!?" I yelled as soon as I get downstairs and in the living room. Maybe I'm scared of her but when it comes to my brother, everything just gets out of the window.

"What do you mean? What happened?" She asked. "You very well know, what happened! Why!?" I yelled and she rolled her eyes. "Ishna, talk respectfully. She is your moth-" "Don't! She is not. She can never be." I said and he frowned.

"And you, I've said this many times you can do whatever you want with me but you will not do anything to my brother! Then why?!" I asked as tears come in my eyes thinking how cruel this woman got on my brother.

"C'mon, Ishna. He was being disrespectful to mom when she politely asked why he didn't go to school." Kavya said and I scoffed. "Well, I did told you why he didn't!" I said.

"And it was a lie! There was no holiday but he is suspended from school for three days!" Mrs. Suryavanshi said. "What!? What did you do, huh?" Dad yelled and stepped towards Ishan but I stand in front of him.

"Don't cover him, Ishna! He is getting out of hand nowadays. I'll have to send him to his bua's house then only he will understand!" Dad yelled and I feel Ishan gripping my hand. "I don't want to go please di.." He mumbled to me and I pat his hand.

"I won't let you go anywhere." I said to him before turning to my father. "He won't go anywhere, you won't send him anywhere!" I said. "I can and I will! He is my son and--" "He is not your son since the day you chose that woman over our mom!" I said and he got quiet.

"He is my son before yours. I took care of him when you were busy doing God knows what with this woman!" "ISHNA!" "What!? Am I wrong? You never told Ishu, why mom leave. Why not tell him now?" I said.

"Ishna be in your limits and stop right there!" "Why? Are you scared now? Scared that he will find out about the sins his father has done!? That his father was cheating on his mother even after having two kids! He even had a daughter with this woman! How shameful of you, dad! How shame-"

I was stopped when a hard slap was land on my face and I scoffed before turning to him and giving him a sad smile as tears filled my eyes.

"How shameful of you that-that for this woman, you forgot your own kids!? I'm ashamed of you and I hate you!" With that, I turn around and leave with Ishan.

"Di....what you said downstairs...is is it true? Dad-dad cheated on mom?" Ishan asked as soon as we come to my room and I sit on the bed with my head in my hands. "Di say na please. Is it true? Di...please say it's a lie..di--"

"It's not! Ok? It is not. It is the truth and you've to bloody accept it!" I said and he looked at me shocked. "What the fuck!? And all this while he made mom villain in our eyes!? How can he!?" He asked and I chuckled.