not strong enough - boygenius

author's note!
these will usually be at the end of chapters, but i wanted to just say that i do envision certain outfits while writing these, but i'm not gonna put it as a picture because people who do that annoy me and it ruins my image that i create. so! i'll be linking the outfits before the first paragraph of the chapters so you can check it out if you want, and if not, no problem! just don't hate on her style <33

GRACIE MARGARET SCOBELL had an ordinary life. she went to los feliz high school in california and was apart of the music program - the only reason she really attended the expensive school. she was in the green club and music helper club, both of which she aided with every week. green club was just as you'd expect: a group of science and nature lovers who had the luxury of getting dirty after school and in between classes to plant greenery around public places - mainly just the school's perimeter, though. music helper club was her favorite, despite how much of a competition it was between becoming sweaty and dirt-ridden before lunch or teaching elementary students how to play instruments.

her home life was slightly less active. she had an older sister, madeleine, who was in college in UCLA for figure skating, and the whole family knew she'd make it to the olympics soon enough. alongside her triumph of a sister, she had a younger brother called jj. not that anyone knew it, but his full name was jackson - he just didn't like people to know that. in his words, "it's more mysterious". he played lacrosse, and despite only being in the sixth grade, was more popular and impressive than the middle child. her mother, tonia, was a baker who owned a little shop downtown. and even though her food was quite literally the best around, it wasn't well known, which gracie guiltily thanked the higher beings for. if she had to wait in a line to get into her own mother's bakery she'd no doubt be a much ruder person. her father, caeden, was a real estate agent who worked with many c list celebrities, some of which the girl had met.

she was sixteen and a sophomore going into the third semester, and gracie couldn't be less enthralled by the idea of seeing her peers again. winter break went by too quickly, and what went by even faster, which she refused to admit made sense, was the three day long weekend.

aside from her home life absentmindedly pushing her into the shadows, her own friends did it as well. she was well acquainted with many people and had at least one friend in each class, but she didn't have the best friends she'd been wishing for on every shooting star, every loss eyelash, every penny, and every birthday candle. she was liked, but not loved. she and her journal had an ongoing joke that she was her friends own personal photographer - always the one behind the photos posted, with her critics and edits, and never the one smiling in the pictures. she tried to ignore the bubbling embarrassment of her birthday, where more people texted her rather than posted photos of her simply because no one took any with her... despite those same classmates being the very ones she posted on instagram and snapchat.

she knew that no one in her life did it on purpose, so she continued to help her girl friends with picking outfits for dates and giving advice on their poor relationships with others, silently wishing for the same.

gracie was just walking into her school for the first time since the long break with a starbucks refresher freezing her hand when she stumbled over her own two feet. she had a composition due in her music class that day, and she hadn't done anything. she looked around quickly, making sure no one saw her trip over her own two feet before hurrying to her locker.

maybe i can get some practice in before lunch!

her positive mindset fell apart as soon as she stepped into first period calculus and remembered with a dropping stomach the girl she agreed to tutor during study hall. she smiled at the red head as her mind tried to quickly come up with a time to create an original piece.