unsaid emily - julie and the phantoms cast

CONVINCING JULIE TO JOIN gracie on her berserk idea was almost impossible. the girl had been watching pride and prejudice and after the blonde watched over her shoulder for ten minutes, she finally sprout the question. julie immediately refused - she wasn't nearly as close with luke as gracie was - but after a long rant on friendship from gracie and a few tears, the brunette begrudgingly agreed.

it was harder for gracie to find the courage to walk up to the porch rather than stare at the house that she knew luke patterson grew up in from the street. after pacing for five minutes, trying to remember the speech she prepared in her head, she nodded firmly and led the way. that failed quickly, though, when the girls reached the porch and gracie was panicking again.

"this is a horrible idea. what was i thinking?" she muttered, making a move to run. julie sighed, grabbing the girl's shoulder.

"gracie, seriously stop. you need to calm down. this is for luke." julie reminded her softly.

gracie scrunched her nose up, nodding, "yeah, yeah. luke - for luke. this is for -"

a poof made the girls whip their heads to their right, wide eyes on each of their faces. gracie's breath hitched, "luke!"

he turned to them, his eyes switching between the two, "what are you doing here?" he asked quickly, his defensiveness quickly pulling up.

gracie sighed deeply, turning her full body to him, "okay, look. we..." she glanced back at julie who gave her a look before she turned to luke once more, "i, i just wanted to know more about you, you know, just curious. um... so, i came here last week on your birthday."

luke's brows knit together as betrayal was written across his face, "you were spying on me? even after all of your speeches about boundaries?" he looked up to julie who had her head ducked, "you didn't think twice about this?" he turned back to the guilt-ridden gracie, "you were spying on me?"

"i know," the blonde began softly, "i'm sorry. it was wrong. but," she bit her lip for a moment, finding it excruciatingly hard to keep her eye contact with him, "i'm worried about you."

he scoffed, shaking his head as he rolled his eyes, "you don't have to be."

"i get it," julie cut in, unable to stand by and watch the blonde struggle to explain how her mind went about it, "i know how hard it is when you want to speak to someone you love and can't."

the two were looking over at her, luke's face dropping as gracie had an unreadable expression. she gave the ghost a sincere look, "i feel that way everyday."

luke shook his head, "i don't know what i'd say to her, even if she could hear me."

"yes, you do." gracie said in a soft but rushed voice. he looked down at her, nothing but pain in his eyes. she inhaled slowly, "you've already said it. trust me."

he stared down at her for another second before reaching over to ring the doorbell. gracie had to tear her eyes away, trying to remember the script her mind wrote out - praying luke's parents stuck to it.

it all fell apart as soon as the door opened to reveal luke's father.

"hello. can i help you?" he looked a little surprised to see two girls standing with nervous expressions on his doorstep - two non-girlscout girls.

"hi, i'm gracie, this is julie." gracie began, her voice trembling.

julie raised her hand in a slight wave.

the blonde glanced at her, "um..." she turned back to the man, "i belive you had a son named luke?"

he straightened up, instantly more attentive, "yes, that's right. and you are again?"