did you know there's a tunnel under ocean blvd - lana del rey

IF GRACIE SCOBELL THOUGHT SHE got sick before shows, the blonde only wondered what her past self would think when she saw her hunched over in the restroom of the orpheum spilling her guts. julie had vomited in the car, but luckily gracie thought to bring a plastic bag. the older gently rubbed her friend's back sympathetically, wondering why she herself wasn't in the same position. only ten minutes later, once the two saw the crowds and lines, gracie realized it was because it just wasn't her time yet.

julie was doing her makeup in the dressing room, but every time gracie got up to leave the bathroom, she felt bile rise in her throat again. she wasn't even sure how she had so much to throw up anyway, she hardly ate that day.

the door pushed open and gracie half expected julie again, checking in for the third time, but instead it was madeleine.

"gracie?" she called before seeing her younger sister gag into a toilet bowl, "oh my god." she rushed over and held the blonde's hair back, gently caressing her sister's back.

gracie wanted to ask so many questions like - what are you doing here? how'd you find me? are mom and dad here?

instead all that came out was more throw up.

"god, that's disgusting." madeleine muttered, sneering while looking away. gracie let out a shaky exhale, her clammy hands holding the cold porcelain. she shakily flushed the toilet, backing up slightly.

"are you okay now?" her sister asked, peering around gracie's body to look at her pale face.

she blond hummed, wiping her mouth, "i don't know."

madeleine thought for a second before gently hoisting the girl up, "let's go back to the dressing room, i'll grab a trash can for you."

"okay." gracie exhaled shakily. once the scobell sisters entered the dressing room, julie was finishing up with her makeup.

"gracie! thank god. hi, madeleine." the brunette from behind gracie waved as julie continued, "i was about to come get you."

gracie shook her head, slowly sitting down at the vanity beside the fifteen year old, "i'm fine."

"be right back." her sister called before the door clicked shut behind her. the girls were silent as julie began her hair and gracie began her own makeup.

"we got this." julie whispered, though gracie couldn't tell who it was for.

"course we do - we're julie and the phantoms." the blonde said jokingly, though she felt a warm feeling fill her chest when she thought of the actual phantoms.

gracie was gently curling her curtain bangs away from her face when their door was knocked upon before rob, a stage crew member, called, "hey, girls. got your roadie."

"come in." julie responded, placing an earring in.

the door opened and flynn came in with a bright smile, "holograms are good to go, boss."

julie smiled at her, "best roadie ever."

rob smiled lightly, "i'll be back in a few minutes to walk you to the stage."

"thanks, rob." gracie smiled over at him, applying a generous amount of hairspray to her hair.

he shut the door and flynn immediately began saying, "you see this backstage pass? i had sushi with brendon urie."

"good for you. i threw up in the car on the way here." julie remarked.

gracie finished her hair and stood up to shake it around lightly, "you know - i don't really like him, but he made a killer song with the music industry, so i can't hate the guy. maybe he'll show taylor our performance -"