perfect harmony - julie and the phantoms cast

https://pin.it/61XbyZY ~ gracie's outfit

GRACIE HAD HER HEADPHONES pulled up and over her ears as she flipped through her books in her locker, exchanging her things for the ones in her backpack. she was humming along to suburban legends as it played, shutting her locker. when she turned, a gasp rippled up her throat at the sight of luke leaning against the blue lockers beside her.

♪  you were so magnetic, it was almost obnoxious ♪ flushed with the currency of cool ♪

"hey." he grinned.

gracie sighed, turning down her music so she could hear him better, "normal people don't do that. and ghost's definitely shouldn't," she scolded against his smile, "what're you doing here?"

"we need to talk about what song we're gonna play tonight." she flickered her eyes across his outfit, a small smile lining her face, "i was thinking... great."

♪ and when it came to you ♪ i didn't come here to make friends ♪ we were born to be suburban legends ♪

a couple students snickered before saying hi to the girl making her clear her throat awkwardly and pull her headphones down to her neck. luke's eyebrows furrowed as she pulled out her phone and placed it against her ear.

"you're gonna take a call while we're talking? do you know how rude that is?" he asked in offense.

she shot him a look, "hey! thanks for calling. otherwise, people might think i'm talking to myself. it's not like we've done this before."

he clicked his tongue, scrunching his face slightly, "right. nice."

"no. but, yeah. i think great is a... great choice." she smiled at the irony. julie had told her during calculus about the garage party her dad and flynn had set up, so she wasn't too surprised when people kept coming up to the blonde to ask what time it was.

"sweet. well..." he looked around like he was stalling, "i mean, that's pretty much what i wanted to talk to you about. so..."

"oh!" gracie nodded awkwardly, "okay."

♪ i had the fantasy that maybe our mismatched star signs ♪ would surprise the whole school ♪

"uh, actually," he quickly said, scratching the back of his head, "no, there is one more thing i wanted to talk to you about. it's..."

gracie sent an interested look his way making him lick his lips and continue, "look, i know i'm not the easiest person to work with, but i... i wanted to tell you that i think you make me a better writer."

a small smile unfolded onto gracie's face.

♪ you'd be more than a chapter ripped in my old diaries ♪ with the pages ripped out ♪"

"i think we make each other better." she challenged softly.

he eyed her, a small smile gracing his face before he stammered, "you know what? why don't you just ditch school today? let's go rehearse."

"what? no." gracie shook her head, "no. i promised my parents - school first."

he nodded slowly, "right. you were at school first, and now you're leaving to go rehearse," she sent him a look to which he added, "come on. i can't do this without you."

"i can't i," she sighed, "i promised dylan i'd be his dance partner... and he's heading this way!"

"hey, gracie." dylan greeted with a smile.

"gotta go, bye!" gracie said into her phone as the brunet with curls stood beside the locker luke was previously leaning on. luke eyed him from his left.