i know the end - pheobe bridgers

https://pin.it/7a7dWV1 << this w a mini denim skirt ~ gracie's outfit

MAYBE GRACIE WAS BEING A DOWNER, maybe she was ruining the fun, but as soon as she and julie parted ways with the plan for both families to meet up at the molina's, the girl burst into tears. she couldn't help it - it didn't feel right. something was wrong and she didn't know if it was because the boys were officially gone, or... something else.

her family took the emotional release as happy tears - after all, not only did she play the orpheum, but brendon urie tweeted them out in support and taylor swift liked the post - taylor swift had heard and saw the girl perform.

"i made a folder of all your performances - that way you and your band can watch them." jj told gracie who nodded along wordlessly.

"what are the phantoms's names again?" her dad asked, peaking into the mirror from the front seat. they were almost to julie's, having left at the same time.

gracie adjusted her pink baby tee, looking down at the disco ball on it, "luke, alex, and reggie." she answered quietly.

"which ones which?" her mom asked as she applied lip stick in her hand mirror.

gracie sighed, looking out her window, "luke's the lead guitarist, reggie's the bass, and alex's the drums."

"so you and luke...?"

"not a thing." she mumbled, not bothering to look over at tonia.

"but you wanna be." jj teased.

gracie stayed quiet, her eyes floating down to her jean skirt as she played with the hem. they parked only a few seconds later, prompting the family of five to exit.

madeleine fixed her sister's hair, "you should put a bow in."

the blonde instantly thought of luke and shook her head lightly, "nah. i'm gonna go down to the studio real quick. you guys can go in."

"are you sure?" her dad asked.

"mhm, go ahead." with that, gracie turned and walked down the path with her hands behind her back, fiddling with each other.

julie looked up from the sound to smile at the sight of gracie walking around her bushes. the brunette took her hands off of the garage door handles to wait for her friend, "hey."

gracie nearly broke down at that, "hey, jules."

a soft silence filled the air before julie pushed open the studio doors. the girls glanced at each other before walking in side-by-side.

julie sighed, "i... i know i already said this, but, uh... thank you, guys."

the room was dark and still... until reggie spoke in a strained voice, "you're welcome."

the girls eyes flew to each other's at the sound of alex and luke groaning his name. julie sped to the light and tugged on the switch, a gasp slipping from her lips at the sight of the three boys sprawled out on the ground with pained expressions.

they were coughing and groaning and gracie inhaled shakily, "why... why are you here?"

"i... i thought -"

julie was cut off by the sound of a jolt buzzing through the guys. they groaned again, coughing loudly.

"no. no, i thought - i thought you..." gracie had her eyes trained on the ghosts, her breathing pattern quickening as a hand clawed at her chest.

"we thought you crossed over. why didn't you cross over?" julie asked, tears falling down her face. the guys slowly sat up, reggie leaning on the chair, alex holding his stomach, and luke resting his arms on his knees.