jump then fall - taylor swift

GRACIE AND FLYNN WERE LAUGHING behind their hands at their friend, her head in her locker as she hummed and danced to some song she was listening to.

julie turned at the noise, taking her earbuds out, "what's up?" she asked, a smile on her lips at the sight of the two girls together, holding drinks from tonia's treats. while the bakery was known for it's delicious sweets, the tea and coffee was heavily underrated.

"nothing. it's just nice seeing you back to your weirdo self." flynn said with a smile. gracie laughed again, handing coffee to julie.

"thanks?" julie responded to flynn before sending a genuine smile to the blonde.

"so how's the band?" flynn asked the two, "still hot? still talented?" she looked around before lowering her voice to ask, "still dead?"

julie chuckled, "amazing."

gracie was smiling, "yeah, luke and i spent the whole weekend writing songs. come on, you guys wanna hear some of them?"

julie and flynn exchanged a look before saying in synch, "duh!"

the girls were walking into the empty music room as gracie spoke, "like it was flowing through me like when i used to write 24/7." she slid onto the bench and pulled the top up, "so, this is the first song luke and i wrote. here's a bit of the chorus."

she was grinning, so she exhaled to try and contain it before singing, "♪ cause we're standing on the edge of great ♪ great ♪ great ♪" she looked up after her fingers stopped moving, waiting for input.

"wow! i like it!" julie grinned.

"definite gaga vibes." flynn nodded, smiling.

"thanks! and... julie helped us with this one." gracie nodded her over and the brunette smiled, glancing back at flynn before sliding onto the bench beside gracie.

julie looked up at the two, "i think... we have an anthem with this one. it's something my mom and i were working on. luke and gracie helped me finish it. check it out."

"♪ and it's one, two, three, four times ♪ that i've tried for one more night ♪ light a fire in my eyes ♪ i'm going out of my mind ♪" gracie grinned over at julie as she sang.

when julie finished, flynn said, "that's... that's beautiful."

"isn't it? luke was really thoughtful about how to go about that one." gracie said, bumping shoulders with julie. julie and flynn shared a knowing look, smirks on each their faces.

gracie hadn't noticed, too busy twirling her hair, until flynn said, "and... my girls got a crush, and his name is luke."

gracie's smile dropped and she turned to julie, "you have a crush on luke?"

julie laughed, "no! she's saying you do!"

"what? no i don't! luke's a ghost." she quickly denied, trying to ignore the jealousy she gained so quickly at the thought of luke and julie together.

"do you even hear yourself?" julie asked with an amused face.

gracie shrugged, playing a tune on the piano as flynn said, "he's a cute ghost."

a blush coated her cheeks and after a few long seconds, gracie let out a breath and said, "with a perfect smile."

"ha! i knew it!" flynn cheered.

"yeah, just remember he's made of air." julie pat her shoulder.

gracie pouted, "cute air."

the girls all laughed before flynn said, "just don't get hurt, okay? you guys have a connection. and now that you're officially in the band, gracie, everybody's wondering when you'll play again."